Manager - Quantitative Research - Government Research/Econometrics - Consulting Firm (5-6 yrs)
Manager - Quantitative Research - Government Research/Econometrics
Quantitative Research Managers (Econ heavy)
Role Description :
- Provide leadership support on all aspects pertaining to administration of training sessions, including coordination with collaborating institutions, faculty and staff; session planning and management; content development; staff management and handling of logistics.
- Oversee and provide crucial input into development of country-specific case studies and in-class sessions built upon data and research evidence from ongoing research-policy engagements.
- Provide inputs on and oversee execution of strategy to provide follow-up support to learners, and collect and document evidence regarding efficacy of trainings in influencing on-ground practices and systems.
- Oversee design and execution of collaborations for building organizational capacities. Activities typical to such collaborations include field-level scoping and meeting with government officials at various levels to finalize design and scope of engagement, recruitment and management of staff and field teams, implementation and monitoring of study activities, collection and analysis of data, and communications with internal teams and partner institutions.
- Recruit and onboard relevant staff for capacity building activities, as needed.
- Contribute to fundraising, grant applications, proposals, report writing, and development of other communications materials as needed and relevant to organisation's capacity building portfolio.
- Manage relationships with funding organizations and collaborating institutions; work with collaborating institutions to coordinate project administration and logistics.
- Oversee administrative requirements of the portfolio, including financial management, budgeting, procurement, contract set-up and compliance, grant reporting, deliverable tracking, to ensure project proceeds smoothly and within set timelines.
- Other activities to support the management and operations of EPoD, and the development of new capacity building opportunities, as requested.
Candidate Description :
Basic Qualifications :
- Strong understanding of research design, basic econometrics, and evaluation methodologies, as well as public policy-oriented topics
- Familiarity with applied economic research and capacity to conduct field scoping and research tasks
- Prior experience with external stakeholder engagement and management
- Proven experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated success in project and/or event management
- Clear, concise oral and written English communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage portfolio and product budgets
- Demonstrated success prioritizing competing priorities in a high-demand work environment
- Bachelor's degree in related field, 5+ years- experience in related fields (economics, public policy, education, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Familiarity with a blended learning pedagogical approach
- Experience teaching public policy-oriented topics with traditional or non-traditional learners
- Experience working with government officials in India or South Asia
- Strong team player with passion to improve public policy and leadership potential
- Hindi and/or other Indian language competency