HR Consultants at Achievers Human Resources
Views:192 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Manager - Quality Control - Chemical Manufacturing Firm (10-15 yrs)
Manager - Quality Control 10+ Years Chemical Manufacturing Kanpur (U.P)
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Job Family: Quality - General
Reports to (role): Site Operations Manager
Business Unit : Catalyst Technologies
Location: Panki Site, India
- Coordinates the activities of a team of quality staff to ensure the work complies with the organisation's guidelines.
- Focuses on mentoring, coaching and coordination.
- Works independently and takes ownership within quality plans, policies and strategic objectives, leading on specific issues and projects.
- Manages the overall quality aspects of materials, finished products, processes, standards and ensures compliance.
- To lead & coordinate overall Quality (it may include Regulatory also) departments over one or more sites.
- Defines the appropriate and adequate procedures and measures of control for the process and satisfies client expectations by meeting the quality standards.
- Make process write ups, assess process safety considerations, and provide inputs in HAZOP studies.
- Understand new process & existing manufacturing process, take part in project discussions and vendor discussions as required.
- Close co-ordination with production, technical, engineering, EHS, finance, supply chain function as required
- Monitors the performance of equipment and processes; identifies, troubleshoots and resolves scheduling problems in order to maintain efficient operations.
- Prepares activity and progress reports to recurring problems, either with the quality of the product or the reliability of testing procedures, can be identified and addressed.
- Evaluates the results of quality activities and contributes in the preparation of recommendations for significant changes that need to be made to the organisation's processes, systems, technology, raw materials, inputs, or vendors.
- Assists in developing schedules, project plans, and cost estimates for implementing new activities, procedures, or methods to improve the quality and performance of the organisation's products.
- Liaises with external suppliers to ensure their products meet the organisation's quality standards and deliver satisfactory standards of service.
- Develops strategies to maintain and enhance relevant compliance and influences site leadership on compliance.
- Protects the company from adverse client and regulatory findings and actions.
- Collaborates across JM Quality and Regulatory departments to develop best practices.
- Guiding/directing continuous improvement opportunities site(s) wide assigning resources when needed.
- Drives departments adherences to business EHS/regulatory standards; active in driving EHS improvements and ensures compliance across all programmes of work.
- Manages processes in a changing environment with medium-high potential impact on EHS performance for which a well-defined strategy exists.
- Carrying out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE:
Master's Degree most likely in a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering discipline: Essential
Significant diverse / complex manufacturing experience, ideally within a Hazardous chemical manufacturing environment with reputed MNC / Indian Companies: Essential
Experience of managing in a qualified & experienced team: Essential
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.