Manager - Purchase - Oil & Gas Firm (10-15 yrs)
Industry - Oil and Gas / Power / Infrastructure / Energy
Category - Operations
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - A chance to work with the Industry's leading brand in a high visibility role as a part of the management team. The person will be the strategic driver, planning, implementing and coordinating all Procurement activities for all projects of the business.
Our client is a leading European Oil and Gas Engineering MNC and has been present in the subcontinent for more than a decade. Delivering some of the biggest projects in the country, they have aggressive growth plans for India which will be significantly impacted by their Supply Chain function. They are looking for a Procurement Manager to be based out of Mumbai.
The incumbent will report to the Supply Chain Director and be responsible for:
- Ability to fit purchase into the project ecosystem besides maintaining freight and supply chain costs
- Ability to drive Sales through strategic procurement
- Managing diverse procurement activities and aligning with design engineering
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with direct reports, senior management, customers, other support groups and project team members.
- Implementation of training and recruitment (local and international)
- Department staffing, training, and oversight besides being responsible for annual employee performance reviews
- Business development proposals besides planning and resource allocation
- Review and approval of all purchase orders and contracts
- Ensuring accuracy and adequacy of purchasing/contracts negotiation and supply chain administration activities
- Fulfillment of various supply chain requirements relating to project performance
- Effective supervision of change activities to assure adequate protection of the company
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of problem identification, status reporting, and corrective actions
An ideal candidate will come with at least 10 years' experience, including the execution of diverse procurement activities and ability to fit purchase in the project environment. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential, as is experienced with Sub-Contract administration.
Professional accreditation in the SCM area would be considered an advantage.
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work-life balance.
Contact - Nayan Patel - +91 (0) 22 4236 3362
The Apply Button will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.