Manager - Production Support (8-10 yrs)
Manager - Production Support
Grade Eligibility : L1 L2 L3
L2 Designation Manager - Production Support
Reporting to Lead - Production Support
Location Head Office - Mumbai
Function Information Technology :
Job Purpose The role incumbent will be responsible for Production support, maintenance and production operations activities, monitoring and governance of production operations, audit and process improvements for all IT systems.
Role - Primary ownership of Digital applications uptime and availability management and operational efficiency
- Manage analysis of factors impacting uptime, availability and operational availability, decide course of action, communicate to the stakeholders and manage the resolution. Devise SOPs for the same.
- Prioritization and customization of workflows basis the nature of application, organizational impact and users impact
- Set up monitoring process to check the health of the applications and identify suboptimal performance or performance degradation through APM
- Primary responsibility of deployment management, roll back and sanity for version releases
- Set up Problem and Incident management processes including SLAs, adherence and TAT breach reports
- Manage in-house application support and vendor partner teams responsible for overall production support, quality and maintenance activities.
- Build and nurture the support team, plan activities and allocate work with defined responsibilities and outcomes.
- Tracking & resolving all the production issues / service requests.
- System and operations monitoring, conducting periodic health checks for optimal performance and capacity of systems.
- Track, review and optimize infrastructure resource allocation in production
- Ensure IT system and process compliance with internal policies, external regulatory guidelines and security standards.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Come up with improvement activities for uptime and cost saving
- Ensure successful execution of end of day, end of month jobs
- Manage outsourced L1/L2 staff
- Manage and track SLAs for system support, maintenance, and operational activities
- Application performance management and Artificial intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps)
- Understanding of DevSecOps and cloud infrastructure concepts
- Close coordination with application teams, external development teams for RCA's and resolving issues
- Experience of working with automation tools for daily reporting, script execution, daily tasks, schedulers
- Change management: Review and approve operational and technical activities in accordance with the Change Management policies.
- Conduct regular DR/Fall back drills and business continuity planning activities. Document learnings and track implementation.
- Documentation and automation for standard processes for productivity and SLA improvement.
- Publish and present regular status and KPI reports to senior management.
Qualification &experience :
- Years of experience: 8 to 10 years of experience
- Qualification - Engineering Degree/MCA/MBA
- Minimum 6 years of experience in similar role, preferably in a financial services organisation
- Exposure to lending systems (Pennant) and finance domain will be an advantage
- Experience of managing a small to mid-sized production support team in a financial services organisation
- Technology skills - Working understanding of OS, Database, Application and web servers functioning and architecture.
- Experience of AWS cloud services
- Knowledge of automation tools for monitoring, reporting and scheduling
- Incident reporting
- Version management
- Experience of handling external and internal audits
Ideal candidate (in terms of current role/ organization/ industry)