Senior Consultant at AceProHR
Views:437 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:81
Manager - Product Engineering - FinTech (10-18 yrs)
- Our client is a leading NBFC with Products targeted to Small & Medium enterprises
- They also have an online Platform - used by them and for their stakeholders
- Need an EM with a technical background to complement the current team's, and ability to execute. Technical skills in
- Search (Elastic Search, etc), OR
- SaaS offerings operating at large scale, OR
- Lending platform
You will lead a cross-functional team of Software Engineers, releasing code to people as fast as possible. Being both technically hands-on, the successful incumbent would also collaborate with and influence leadership so that your teams work directly impacts engineering strategy.
Key Responsibilities :
As an Engineering Manager, you will :
- Build and manage a team of 10-15 top notch engineers.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team
- Operate with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time help architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organization
- Our software engineers are just getting started - and as a manager, you guide the way. You are their default mentor.
Basic Qualifications :
You must have :
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry with at least 7+ years of development experience and minimum 2+ years of experience managing and leading a team of 7 to 10 software developers.
- Experience in Financial Services Product Management is preferred or even in a Services company focused at Financial Services Products - especially lending .
- Excellent leadership skills to mentor the engineers under you. Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Superior project management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience of delivering high quality projects on time
- Good understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up. Experience with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems is a big plus
- Strong object-oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- Your top priority is satisfying the customer. It doesn't matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you'll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
- It will be desirable if you have spent 2+ years at a start-up or worked in a small and reasonably independent team/dev center, are able to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, and provide longer term vision and motivation. Having very high technical competence, strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments is a plus.