HR Consultant at Walk In Solutions
Views:718 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Manager - Procurement - FMCG (3-6 yrs)
Job Opportunity for Procurement Manager for our FMCG Client,
Role Title: Manager, Procurement
Reporting to: SCM Lead
Number of reportees: None
- Institute & manage the Procurement and sourcing of various categories of Raw Materials and Packaging Materials; and other sourcing adjacencies for the organization to the tune of INR 1000 Mn annually; categories which are complex, highly volatile and see double digit inflation numbers
- Manage, negotiate and procure raw, packaging and indirect materials, services & CapEx to deliver business a competitive edge by strategizing spend across categories and optimizing cost through supplier-buyer partnership and internal customer focus
A. Materials/Spend/Suppliers :
Approximately 1000 Mn Annually, across RM/PM/Other categories including but not limited to - RM - Processed Foods, Poultry, Dairy, Cereals & pulses, Fresh Vegetables, Spices & Seasonings, Flavors, Oils & Fats, and other agricultural commodities; PM - Rigids including Thermoformed Trays, Lidding Films, Mono Cartons, Corrugated Boxes, Stickers etc - Managing procurement and inventory planning of around 250+Materials
- Material Requirement Planning and supplier allocation within overall framework agreed
- Negotiate and ensure continuous supply of materials (right quantity at right quality & right price)
- Prepare category wise material budgets & ensure buying within budget
- Drive procurement optimization and efficiencies, including a review of existing practices. Review procurement processes and work on improvement plans
- Ensuring release of formal Firm Vendor Schedules to suppliers
- Ensuring appropriate coordination and follow up with material for timely receipt to meet agreed production plans
- Experience in using scientific tools for the optimization of material planning & Scheduling
- Support Supply Chain Management aspects of new business development, including selection of suppliers, defining commercial approach
- Suppler selection, negotiation and ordering for routine Plant consumables, spares, equipment etc as per authority Policy
B. Business Planning :
- Follow market conditions, prepare price trends and forecast future markets trends for the respective categories. Support the business with accurate price forecasting.
- Prepare and support in building annual budgets and annual strategic operating plans. Bring in Budgetary control and monitor variances. Meet the financial objectives of the business by ensuring procurement of materials within budgeted/ approved rates
- Direct and coordinate procurement teams to implement the category sourcing strategies along with cost improvement projects, as well as supplier innovation, quality improvement and supply reliability initiatives.
- Engage in Value Improvement Programs and Cost Reduction Projects, to bring in optimization and efficiencies, across the Sourcing Supply Chain. Commit and deliver annual cost savings and avoidance targets.
C. Inventory Management :
- Set norms at Organization level for inventory control and planning of RM/PM. Drive working capital initiatives across the chain.
- Ensure that inventory levels are maintained as per the monthly targets agreed as per the plan
- Ensure proper and effective material accountings Systems are maintained to avoid discrepancies between book and physical inventories
- Ensure Good Material management practices: FEOF/FIFO, tracking and traceability etc
- Ensure Visibility on material provisions and write offs well in advance to minimize commercial impact to the business
D. Vendor Management :
- Identify, Evaluate & Induct potential suppliers - assess suppliers, perform quality audits in conjunction with Quality/R&D, and ensure appropriate suppliers and their products get approved in the system. Formalize the Vendor Approval & Product Approval process in conjunction with QA/R&D. - Coordinate cross-functional efforts to qualify new and alternate suppliers, managing the supplier relationships throughout the process; and build a pipeline of vendors for key strategic categories.
- Maintain Strategic association with suppliers of critical raw materials to ensure adequate capacity allocation. Design and develop Risk Mitigation Strategies for identified categories from a Supply point of view - Business Continuity & Contingency Plans.
- Identify metrics, tools and process to optimize sourcing, supplier activities and efficiencies. InstituteSupplier Performance Management programs
- Ensure close monitoring of vendor performance and drive continuous improvement
- Take the lead in identifying new, more reliable and/or lower cost sources of supply
- Responsible for resolution of all issues related to material quality, specifications, revalidations, damages/losses and commercial issues related to packing materials vendors
E. Systems & Processes :
- Comply with laid down systems and processes and Procurement function and set-up new systems & finetune existing one to meet requirements of the business.
- Function as a team player to implement end-to-end solutions across the supply chain, including interactions with the demand/supply planning, manufacturing, logistics, R&D and vendors & other external agencies
- Generation of appropriate MIS and analytics on a regular basis to support performance management systems
- Responsible for identifying and driving projects on lead time reductions, process improvement, and quality compliance
- Execute confidentiality and other supply related agreements after collaborating with Legal to establish proper business and legal terms for supplier relationships. Manage Compliances around sourcing as required by statutory bodies.
- A huge part of the role would be to setup strong systems and processes in place for Planning and ensure that we are in a position to scale up since we are a growing business and have huge investments planned in the near future.
- Internal - Mktg & Sales, Manufacturing, R&D, Logistics and Factory
- External - Vendors, Transporters
Minimum 3 -6 years of Procurement experience in F&B or FMCG. Food industry preferred
Graduate + MBA in Supply Chain Management