Talent Acquisition at Career Move Consultant
Views:396 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Manager - Procurement - IT Hardware/Software (6-15 yrs)
About the Role - To lead and manages the Operation functions requirements for procuring IT hardware/software (including capex and opex) and any other administrative procurements by involving him/her in the process of sourcing competitive vendors, negotiating prices terms and service level agreements, managing vendors & stakeholders, evaluating the cost of existing vendors for competitive rates .
- Good understanding of Software costing and negotiation, software development life cycle, and application development concepts.
- Proven experience in continuous cost saving and opex cost reduction
- Should be able to interact with technology teams on requirements and understanding comfortably
- Good understanding of Software licensing models and contract terms to derive the best value.
- Optimize the software licenses to maximize utilization, reduce cost and eliminates redundancies.
- Maintain the comprehensive inventories of various software licenses in operation and keep accurate records of license details, purchase agreements, renewal dates, and maintenance contracts.
- Track the usage, lease, and follow up with stakeholders to understand the utilization, either to purchase or check for removal of inactive software.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all procurement activities and ensure quality sourcing.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement cost
- Develop structure around procurement decisions, ensure mechanisms to provide for transparency in the function like Vendor shortlist criteria, vendors shortlists, and decision matrix for procurement decisions
- Develop a cadence of engagement and feedback with key stakeholders and build an environment of healthy collaboration to optimize output
- Work closely with various stakeholders to understand their procurement needs, preferences, and priorities
- Set targets and identify cost-saving opportunities through smart structuring of procurement decisions and deals
- Review and modify processes to set expectations, smoothen the process flow and improve efficiencies.
- Review time spends to identify gaps as well as bandwidth bottlenecks
- Provide smart and periodic updates of the function.
- Identify vendors for specific procurement, negotiate and present the cases of best vendors to the end users and authorized approvers
- Consolidate various ad-hoc procurements into a few comprehensive arrangements - one-stop vendor arrangements
- Reduce advance payment requirements and Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)through sustained vendor relationships
- Review AMC of existing vendors and renegotiate with them.
- Facilitate vendors to adhere to our process and systems on procurement and payments
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.