Talent Acquisition Specialist at Owens Corning India Pvt Ltd
Views:398 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Manager - Plant HR - Fiber Glass Technology (10-15 yrs)
HR Manager (Plant)
Position : HR Manager
Location : Navi Mumbai
Company Background :
Owens Corning is a Fortune 500 US multinational company & Global leader in Fiber Glass technology with headquarter at Toledo US.
Facility at Taloja MIDC (near Navi Mumbai) has multi-unit manufacturing site, with annual fiber glass manufacturing and processing capacity of around 1.5 lac Tons /annum. The site is strategic site for Owens Corning to serve its local & overseas customers. The products manufactured has multiple application and intensively used in - Telecom, Infrastructure, Automobile & other sectors.
Taloja site operate in a high-performance culture framework practicing TPM with educated workforce.
We are looking for candidates with outstanding academic credential, proven track records, with and aptitude to learn and grow with the organization.
This position will part of Taloja HR team, reporting to Plant HR leader
The broad job aspect will involve but not limit necessary to below aspects :
1. Strategizing and leading all people development interventions for the organization which will include selection, executive assessment, coaching individual development planning, Talent Review succession development planning and development programs.
2. Driving Education and Development pillar under TPM, focusing on capability or skill enhancement initiatives.
3. Design and execute complete training development framework based on identified gaps and execute it for plant employees.
4. Keep thriving high performance organization culture leveraging on company HR processes and systems
5. Should have hands on organization design experience for keeping lean and agile operations resulting into people productivity.
6. Driving culture building exercise and play critical role in strategizing L&D interventions to strengthen people capabilities like spearhead activities under HR for driving operations excellence through skills, capabilities and performance delivering measures by workforce.
7. Partnering with Ops Teams for manpower planning and budgeting.
8. Drive employee engagement to ensure employees aligned company/plant objective, upholding high moral and leadership connect with workforce.
9. Using industry Strong liaison with local authorities, industry bodies, panchayat bodies and community which includes local environment management and CSR
10. Must have experience in Performance Management process in a company of 500+ employees.
11. Discipline management with instituting proactive steps against repeat occurrences
Qualification & Experience :
Candidate with full time postgraduate course in :
- MLS, MLW, MBA in HR
- 8-12 year of experience at Manufacturing plant with TPM work culture is must
Added advantages :
- Exposure to working in non-unionized setup with educated workforce will be added advantage
- Exposure of working at Greenfield or Brownfield startup phase
Knowledge and Skills :
- Excellent Communication Skills - Oral & Written
- Computer skills
Abilities and Personal Characteristics :
- Sense of Urgency/Responsiveness
- Planning & Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Results Oriented - Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude.
- Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence.