Manager - Payroll - IT/BPO/ITeS (10-15 yrs)
Position Title : Manager - Payroll
Department : Payroll
Location : India
Reports to (role) : VP - Payroll & Compliance
- US ONLY - NA
Main purpose :
This role is expected to perform in the area of Payroll processing as per SOPs. The ideal candidate should be technically competent with payroll, labour law compliance and accounting concepts, principles, should be a good team player, possess excellent communication skills, and experience in working on Excel and Oracle, and ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Dimensions Employees managed :
Direct : 7
Indirect : 0
Key accountabilities :
The key accountabilities for this role and those roles directly reporting to it are, but not limited to :
- Monthly Salary Processing for all Employees
- Extensive knowledge of income tax rules of India related to salary
- Knowledge of statutory compliances i.e. Income Tax / PF / ESIC / PT / BONUS / GRATUITY and others
- Knowledge of Middle East payroll processing would be an added advantage
- Able to handle Payroll reporting
- Ensure smooth process of Full and Final settlement
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Knowledge of accountancy with skills to do payroll related journal entries
- Results oriented and self-driven
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Effective planning and adherence to the strict timelines
Business Compliance :
- Ensure a sound understanding of, demonstrate commitment to and comply with all policies, laws and compliances including Janus relevant to your role and all activities undertaken in that role.
Personal & Team Accountabilities :
- Actively develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues both at an interpersonal level and across all business processes within the wider business environment.
- Actively maintain communication and behaviour standards that foster a culture of strong customer and service excellence both within Re:Sources and across all customer and supplier organisations.
Health and Safety :
- COMPULSORY FOR AMEA and OPTIONAL FOR OTHER COUNTRIES - Undertake all work in a safe manner and follow all company and workplace health and safety procedures
- Identify new hazards and advise manager or workplace H&S representative/co-ordinator within 24 hours of identification.
- Report incidents and accidents to manager or workplace H&S representative/co-ordinator as soon as possible
Key relationships :
(internal and/or external) - Managers, Functional Heads, Internal Departments, Finance & HR Leads of other Business Units,Regional Finance team
Key Competencies Experience/Qualifications/Certifications :
- B.Com. degree is a must.
- 10+ years of experience in India Payroll processing
- Fair understanding of relevant rules, regulations, compliances, taxes, etc.
- Must be numerically accurate with a - good eye for detail-, thorough, organized and consistent.
- Ability to apply logical approach while looking at every transaction.
- Working experience in multinational companies will be preferred.
- Perform all tasks as per agreed standards and timelines.
- Exposure to Excel/ERP is a must.
- Hands-on experience for managing India payroll for 5,000+ employee strength.
- May be required to work late hours sometime for coordination with other geographies. Not required regularly, only on a need basis.
- Effective communication skills (English essential, other languages an added advantage)
- Pro-active support to the business is a key attribute for this role with a customer service focus to link both systems requirements with business outcomes.
- The ability to work with complete agility: assisting in managing multiple stakeholders and deliverables concurrently, adapting to changing business circumstances or project priority with ease
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and precisely with peers, stakeholders and business leadership
- High tolerance for ambiguous and technically challenging projects
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Strong Spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent and with ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems
- Good analytical, problem solving negotiation and organizational skills
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change