Recruitment at Ecowoodies
Views:360 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Payroll - IT (5-10 yrs)
Job Description :
- As a payroll manager it would be your job to manage the payroll department within your organisation. If you're good with numbers and would like a position with lots of responsibility, this job could suit you.
- You would need to have the management skills to lead and motivate a team. You would also need to handle pressure well when you're working to tight deadlines.
- You will be required to coordinate and manage the payroll process for the organisation and possibly at divisional level if required.
- You may be heading up a team of payroll administrators and in this instance it will be your responsibility to ensure they carry out their duties correctly and prepare and run the required payroll reports to support the company's accounts.
- The Payroll Manager is required to check and audit all payrolls to ensure legislative and awards compliance (tax compliance, superannuation etc.) is adhered.
- The Payroll Manager will ensure that any company benefit programmes ie medical care, pensions, bonuses etc. are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Some Payroll Manager's jobs may also require the calculation, payment and reconciliation of group tax.
- Maintenance of staff payroll and tax records.
- You will also balance monthly accounts and submit reports to the company's accounting department.
- Manage systems and suggests changes/upgrades as and when required.
- The Payroll Manager will also be required to submit management reports, liaise with HR staff regarding new appointments, terminations and other relevant matters.
- You will be educated to degree level and may also be required to hold relevant HR qualifications associated with payroll
- The Payroll Manager is required to be an excellent team player as well as a good communicator.
- You must be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines as well as be able to manage your own time effectively.
- The Payroll Manager is expected to have experience and understanding of payroll related compliance.
- Strong analytical skills are required and the ability to be able to problem solve.
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Office and any other industry standard payroll software.