AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:980 Applications:249 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
Manager - Payroll & Compliance/HR Operations - EdTech (10-15 yrs)
Our client is looking for Payroll and Compliance Manager who will be reporting to CHRO. The person will be working for a well-funded EdTech firm, founded in 2011, which is primarily interactive online tutoring platform where teachers provide school tuitions to students over the internet, using a real-time virtual learning environment that is a technology built in-house. It operates on marketplace model for teachers, where students can browse, discover and choose to learn from an online tutor of their choice.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Designing the appropriate pay-mix for different levels of employees.
- Excellence in managing payroll processing functions like computation of salaries, attendance, leave, fixed & variable entitlements; adhered to statutory compliances like PF, ESI, PT & ELWF as per the company's requirements from time-to-time
- Involve in policy review, current payroll assessments, vendor selections, designing payroll processes.
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Supervise and coach payroll clerks and assistants
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams, maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
Key Relationships (External) :
- Human Capital Consultants External Vendors
- Networking forums (SHRM, NHRD)
- Legal & Tax consultants
- Labour lawyers / Firms
- Payroll consultants
Key Relationships (Internal) :
- CHRO/ CEO/ CXO/Business Heads
- Business HR
- Finance/Accounts - MIS & Controlling Team
- Legal Department
- Functional Heads of Departments
Competencies/skills required :
- Agile and fast paced.
- Think & act strategically.
- High level of integrity and stability.
- Result oriented with commercial acumen
- Customer Focus
Desired qualification and experience :
- Post Graduate in HR / Certifications in HR
- 10-15 years Human Resources experience with minimum 8 years of Payroll and Compliance experience.
- Exposure with working with start-ups or in shared services set-up is an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of systems and processes.
- Excellent MS Office skills (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), HRMS systems.