Managing Director at Vertex Corporate Services
Views:377 Applications:115 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Outbound Logistics & Warehousing - Building Materials (13-15 yrs)
Position: Manager-Outbound logistics and Warehousing (Leading Building Materials Co)
- Candidate will be responsible for Outbound logistics and warehousing from the Company's Plant located at District Palghar, Maharashtra
- To work towards developing a thorough understanding of clients- shipping requirements and patterns, by evaluating and providing the best value solution
- Reviews and processes day to day operations, as well as evaluates and recommends resource requirements in the Warehouse and Logistics responsibilities
- Providing the leadership in maintaining a safe, efficient and effective finished-goods warehouse operation, by using the WCM - Customer service- pillar tools
- Plan and schedule appropriate service line for situation (ground, expedited, air, ocean, etc) to maintain a cost effective balance between customer service and cost of shipments. Ensures compliance with all government related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning of Customer logistics operations. Responsible for all logistics operations and support across all distribution channels.
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations. Serve as liaison with all internal and external partners for daily operational activities
- Drives the design, development, implementation and management of logistics solutions for Customer.
- Analyzes technology and distribution network trends and implements changes
- Consults with assigned clients to understand their distribution networks and determines the logistics resources required to support delivery of goods, safety. Negotiates with supply sources to meet technical requirements.
- Keeping abreast of the market rates, routes, trends for the best logistics solution in Middle East for exports
- Maintain courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations. Works closely with client's representative to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/ issues and implements performance processes to enhance future service delivery.
- Ensure finished product dispatch with highest Customer Service performance as possible
- Carry out data inputs accurately in the ERP system and carry out stock takes. And taking decisive action to solve variance issues related to physical and book stocks.
- Actively participate and contribute in World Class Manufacturing (WCM) pillar activities related to the Department.
- Ensure Safe warehouse operations by training staff and working closely with Safety Engineer
- Work closely with Production team to ensure complete packing requirements for dispatches are met
- Work closely with Customer Service Department to coordinate dispatch of finished products
- Efficient finished product dispatch with highest Customer service level possible
- Degree in any Discipline + Diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain, etc
- 13-15 yrs of overall experience and around 5 + years of team managing experience from Logistics and distribution background having worked in the Cement/ Building Materials/ FMCG/ Plywood, E-commerce etc. sectors
- Good understanding of warehouse management techniques and ERP systems
- Possess drive to achieve results through a logical and systematic approach.
- Language :- Marathi, Hindi & English
Location: District Palghar (Maharashtra)
This position is with a client of Vertex Corporate Services which is a Leading Building Materials Company