Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:830 Applications:134 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Operations & Maintenance - Distribution (7-12 yrs)
Distribution O&M Manager- South Asia Regional Energy Partnership
Our client has over 30 years' experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a non-for-profit, independent research institute based in USA, it has roughly 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects in energy and other disciplines. Around the globe, the org is working to develop and implement low-emissions energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, bring efficiency to utilities, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increase access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. They serve as a chosen partner for Africa program in sub-Sahara Africa and have a growing international energy portfolio of over $250 million across Africa, Asia, and the Pacific Islands.
The purpose of the USAID-funded Task Order Technical Assistance Support for South Asia Regional Energy Partnership (SAREP) activity is to complement the strategic objectives of greater Asia Enhancing Development and Growth through Energy (EDGE) initiative. The SAREP sub-regional activity is structured around four objectives: improving performance of energy utilities, increased deployment of advanced energy systems, improved energy procurement, and enhanced regional energy trade and integration.
We are hiring a Distribution O&M Manager
Order Technical Support for South Asia Regional Energy Partnership (SAREP) activity. This position will be based in New Delhi, India, and will report to the
Objective 3: Utility Lead
Responsibilities of the Distribution O&M Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Design and support implementation of interventions for loss reduction, network optimization, project management, and smart grids for distribution utilities.
- Raise the stature of O&M function and ensure development, implementation, and monitoring of O&M plans.
- Identify and implement best practices in power distribution design, planning, operations, and maintenance to reduce losses and improve quality of supply.
- Identify emerging technologies in power distribution and review their relevance, potential for pilot projects and commercial deployment.
- Make a case to utilities and regulators for pilot projects and or commercial deployment based on evidence and technical review.
- Design specifications for adoption and testing of technologies/products in power distribution.
- Prepare bidding frameworks, tender documents, and support bidding processes for pilot projects/commercial deployment.
- Develop protocols, standards, MIS, etc., to improve regular maintenance to enhance quality of supply and reduce cost of supply.
- Prepare and author reports, research papers, articles related to power distribution.
- Conduct trainings and capacity development workshops for distribution utilities, regulators, etc.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and 6 years of relevant experience; or bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 8 years of experience.
- Experience of developing/deploying/testing innovative technologies in distribution companies is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, technical staff and clients.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
- Motivated and able to work under challenging and fast paced environment.
- Well networked with technology providers and technical institutions.
- Well networked in South Asian energy sector particularly utilities and regulators.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, self-manage and complete tasks to best meet project needs.