Head - Operation at Team Recruiters
Views:1991 Applications:401 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Manager - Operations - Logistics (5-12 yrs)
Position: Manager - Operations
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client is an ISB+IIM alums founded start-up looking to disrupt the Global Cross-Border E-Commerce logistics space using technology. It is targeting the highly fragmented global logistics industry of which D2C brands are poised to become a significant portion in the next 5-10 years. They will use their in-house technology and data-driven tools to aggregate global logistics for brands helping them access high ARPU global markets which will help in reducing brands' shipping costs by offering them the lowest cost options to ship across the world and reduce the overhead on the cross-border logistics paperwork.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- Managing exports, including documentation, customs clearance, and shipment booking in accordance with customs laws.
- Shipment consolidation and planning, Supply chain management, handling remittance and invoices.
- Freight-cost analysis and negotiation, including route & channel optimization
- Taking quotations, comparing and negotiating from the CHAs on the basis of shipping Incoterms (Ex-works, CIF, CNF, FOB, etc.)
- Coordinating with CHA, freight forwarder, operators, customers and all those involved in gathering shipping paperwork and ensuring the smooth passage of shipments.
- Providing technical support to the sales team, maintaining stock / inventory by order forecasting
- Creating performance reports for different service providers, providing services on different itineraries.
- Creating and managing MIS for operations tracking and reporting
Required Skills/ Experience
- Graduation from a reputed institute with 5-10 years of overall work experience
- Understanding/Past work experience of working with global logistics & supply chain preferred - freight forwarding company.
- Strong sense of commitment/ownership towards growing the company
- Data Driven & ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
- Capable of modelling complex costing and margin impact scenarios in an excel or other data analysis environment.
- Preferably have a good understanding for global freight providers. This will allow them to better understand the cost structures of carriers and discount tiers.
- Ability to create & drive problem solving culture within teams to solve execution & business problems.
- Establish global working best practices to enable effective partnership and build execution ownership
Salary: Up to INR 15 - 18 Lacs
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.