Manager - Operations - Ex Defence (5-10 yrs)
Position is for Ex Defence personnel (Short Service Commission) with 5-10 years of relevant experience only
Manager Operations -
To lead end-to-end logistics operations for client and railway services for the organization, this includes planning, customer service and terminal operations. To be responsible fortimely delivery of goods and services, process improvement, customer satisfaction and safety and statutory compliance
1. Gate operations, receipt of loaded/empty containers, Plan stuffing and de-stuffing of cargo, liaison with transporters for deployment of trailers.. With customers for timely stuffing and de-stuffing of cargo..
2. Handling of rakes - including planning of rakes, timely loading and unloading of rakes, arrangement of rake examination, loading and unloading of cargo as per FIFO, liaison with railway officers for day to day requirements
3. Yard operations for supervising yard operation for proper stacking of containers, timely movement of containers by road or factory, optimum utilisation of equipment, duty roaster, repairing of damaged containers, smooth functioning of ICD, timely connectivity to power points of reefer containers, system updating
4. Warehouse operations for seamless service to customers, receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely dispatch of goods, planning and arrangement of goods within the warehouse, stock control and processing order.
5. Develop, implement and enforce terminal operational policies and procedures and guidelines in coordination with the top management of the organization
6. Liaison with container train operators for future planning of rakes
7. Provide data to Finance for billing to other rail operators for TAC, TXR, THC and shunting etc.
8. Scrutinize and payment of siding/stabling/shunting charges to Indian railway
9. Make timely payment to vendors/contractors and other out-sourced agencies