Director at Alloys Consulting
Views:4670 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Manager - Operations - Dairy Farm (12-20 yrs)
Dairy Farm Manager for Ethiopia.
Job summary :
- Responsible for overall management of the dairy herd, including milking, herd health, and breeding, up keeping of facilities and Feeding.
Basic functions :
1. Proposes a strategy to ensure optimal milk yield.
2. Prepares schedule of vaccination and breeding.
3. Monitors routing injuries and illness in animals and treatment.
4. Oversees fodder reservation such as silage and hay making.
5. Controls the milk hygiene and quality.
6. Supervising the handling of milking machines and maintenance
7. Conducts least cost formulation for feeding of dairy cows
8. Supervising employees in all phases of the dairy, including the following :
- Ration preparation and feeding
- Raising of replacements
- Upkeep of facilities, grounds and equipment
- Pasture management
- Herd management
9. Monitors the Administration of BST which is looking over body condition and notices any health conditions that should receive immediate attention.)
10. Monitors the ID provision and maintenance of the ID to each cow.
11. Performs other related activities as assigned by Chief Operating Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Knowledge of cow physiology, life cycle, and factors affecting health and milk production.
- Understanding of and ability to work with modern milking equipment and automated feeding system. Ability to organize and maintain herd health and breeding records.
Experience : At least 12 years- experience in dairy farm activities out of which 6 years as Dairy Farm Manager.