Managing Director at FTC Solar
Views:859 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:164
Manager - Mergers & Acquisition - Solar Manufacturing (4-7 yrs)
We have embarked on a journey to build a leading company in the solar industry and, within that, a world-class strategy organization. As a leader within the Strategy function, you will work with FTC's leadership team to shape and implement our inorganic strategy - including investments, licensing agreements and mergers and acquisition.
The role is cross-functional, and you will partner with several functions at FTC - Finance, Technology and R&D, Operations, Legal, Marketing and Sales.
You will interface with bankers, outside counsel, venture capitalists and founders of emerging clean-tech companies to source opportunities, keep in touch with market developments and perform due diligence, negotiations and execute transactions.
You must be well versed in Corporate Finance and Valuation Theory, ability to perform financial modeling, adept at Excel and other data analysis tools. You should be well versed in scenario modeling of synergies and other opportunities, building valuation models from scratch. You should be familiar with market sizing approaches to size and value new and emerging markets.
A successful candidate is flexible and able to work in a fast growth environment, meeting deadlines and deliverables, while being a self-starter. You demonstrate empathy for your users and have a passion for solving their business problems using data & systems. You will be adept at influencing cross functional teams in meeting deadlines and removing roadblocks or impediments to success. You will simultaneously work on multiple projects, with highly motivated colleagues, and learn a lot. We are looking for a go-getter, who thrives on challenges, and is unfazed by ambiguity, and is willing to roll up their sleeves with a can-do attitude.
- 5-years of experience in High-technology or manufacturing with some experience in Product development or R&D engineering, preferably in Renewable Energy or a related space
- Advanced degree in Management (a MBA or a MFE) with a Bachelors in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil preferred)
- Expert in Excel and Powerpoint, and familiarity with applications like Salesforce, SmartSheet
- Experience in building valuation models, and expertise in creating financial statements
- Experience with developing dashboards and reports in BI & reporting tools
- Past experience in market sizing, secondary and primary market research is desired
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and possessing a strong sense of urgency
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, time management and organization skills
- Prior consulting experience in a leading global organization is desirable