Manager - Talent Acquisition at eHelium Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
Views:25814 Applications:336 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:164
Manager - Marketing Commercial Finance (4-12 yrs)
Purpose & Accountabilities
Finance Operations (FO) contributes to the Shell aspiration of becoming the world's most competitive and innovative energy company by promising to deliver sustainable, externally benchmarked, world-class end to end performance in the five processes we operate. FO plays a vital role in enabling the delivery of Finance Functional excellence to Shell.
Reporting & Analysis is one of the five processes & employs some 25% of staff within FO. The core purpose of R&A is to support the various businesses of Shell with financial accounting, reporting and analysis. The team is set up under the four core business pillars of RDS, namely Upstream, Downstream, P&T and Corporate, Holdings and Treasury).
Marketing is a significant downstream business and the face of Shell to most of our customers, it comprises of Retail, Lubricants, Aviation, Specialties & Marine: present in >45 countries; Serving 30 Million+ customers a day; >100 Distribution Centres; ~25 Lubes Blending Plants; present in 800 airports; With Shell being the Global Market leader in Lubricants by volume for 10 years. The Marketing business operates in a very competitive environment and heavily depends on the provision of right insights from MI, Analysis, and Analytics for its business performance management and decision making
In this influential role, you- ll enjoy great insight into Shell's decision making, contact with business teams and exposure to a wide range of projects. For accounting or finance professionals, it's a potential stepping stone to a future finance leadership role with us.
What's the role?
You- ll join a team of commercial finance advisors, based in the Global Commercial R&A team - who will provide deal structuring and financial/economics modelling capability to the Marketing business.
You can look forward to contributing to the team's work in the following areas:
- Designing and building financial and economic models in line with Shell Excel best practice standards, to support decisions made in the business;
- Carrying out independent assurance of model integrity by evaluating their logic and calculations, identifying potential errors and risk;
- Raising awareness of risks around using financial and economic models by offering training across the finance community.
- Review the results of project economics to ensure consistency in assumptions used, standardization of methodology, reasonableness of the results
- Supporting sales, business teams in structuring their commercial deals (sales, supply, logistics, marketing, promotions etc.), through an in-depth understanding of business performance, key deal levers & applying learnings from previous deals.
- Liaise with other Finance functional areas, including Tax, treasury, Controllers and Business Finance
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you
1. Well-rounded finance professional (MBA, CIMA, ACCA etc.) with significant experience in business finance (preferably in areas of pricing, commercial finance, brand management).
2. Good commercial acumen & analytical aptitude
3. Economic and financial modeling (Excel spreadsheet) experience is essential
4. Good written and verbal communication skills
5. Stakeholder management - influencing, advising and challenging others - is an important part of the job.
6. Project management skills - track record of prioritizing and delivering your own workload.
7. Ability to understand/identify where the value sits.
8. Strong collaboration & interpersonal skills.
9. Exposure to ERP systems (GSAP), business intelligence tools like Spotfire, BI4 & data analytics would be an advantage.
10. Previous experience with commercial teams is desirable Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
Competence Level :
- Business Partnering Skill
- Business Performance
- Accounting & Reporting Skill
- Process & Data Management Knowledge