Manager - M&A Taxation - CA Firm (1-7 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Advise business houses and multinational corporations on the tax and regulatory aspects of planning, structuring, and executing transactions involving mergers, demerger, slump sale, acquisitions, etc.
- Advise clients on tax and regulatory efficient restructurings, interpret complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate transactions, perform financial analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
- Research on tax theory and positions, specifically regarding to the client's transactions.
- Undertake detailed fiscal and regulatory review of the proposed reorganization- this would involve evaluation of the various direct tax, company law, SEBI, FEMA, stamp duty, accounting and commercial implications of the available options.
- Review of transaction documents such as business transfer agreement, share purchase agreement and the scheme of arrangement to be filed with the High Court and related documents such as shareholder resolutions, notices, petitions, explanatory statement etc from tax and regulatory perspective.
- Perform direct tax due diligence and analysis.
- Draft and review deliverables such as reports, proposals, advice, opinions, emails, presentations, etc.
- CA/MBA- Finance with minimum 1-5 years of experience in handling M&A- Tax or Corporate Taxation.
- Effective communication (written as well as verbal) and presentation skills.
- Proven skills demonstrating judgement, problem-solving and decision making.
- Commercial acumen.