Manager - M&A Tax - CA (5-7 yrs)
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Research and Analysis
Ensuring a holistic and timely research in relation to assigned projects and assistance in carrying out BD related researches and preparation of pitch presentations, etc.
Analysis of corporate transactions and client projects
1. Analyzing proposed transactions and advising clients on tax and regulatory efficient restructurings, interpret complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate transactions, analyzing the tax consequences of specific transactions, assist clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives
2. Conduct buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence and discussions with the client on key tax observations identified
- Evaluation of tax and regulatory implications
- Evaluation of various direct tax, company law, SEBI, FEMA, stamp duty, accounting and commercial implications as per project requirements
Deliverables and project management:
1. Drafting reports, proposals, advice, opinions, emails, presentations for clients, etc.
2. Managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently managing the projects along with Partner/ director and undertaking discussions with the client on calls / meeting
Review of transaction documents, etc.
- Review of transaction documents such as Business transfer agreement, Share purchase agreements and the Scheme of arrangement and related documents such as shareholder resolutions, notices, petitions, explanatory statement etc. from tax and regulatory perspective.
- Preparation relevant tax alerts, articles, assisting senior in preparation of content for national level/ internal team trainings, ensuring a holistic and timely research in relation to issues arising during the course of assignments, diligently carrying out BD exercise, Ensuring technical updates relevant to transaction tax are shared with the team on pro-active basis etc.