Account Manager at Randstad
Views:1339 Applications:244 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Manager - Logistics & Transportation - FMCG (10-20 yrs)
Our client is a Global MNC into Manufacturing products in Food Industry.
Designation : Logistics and Transportation Manager
Job Location : Mumbai
Reporting to : Head Supply Chain
Team Size : 3 Members at Plant
The Transportation and Logistics Manager will report directly to the Head of Supply Chain - India and will be responsible for Optimize Logistic and Transport operations resulting in improved cost position and service quality to customers.
Main Responsibilities :
- Develop continuous improvement activities resulting in low cost, high quality, and valued services to our customers.
- Support, participate, and deliver in major global and regional projects (network design, freight tenders, rail fleet optimization)
- Implement and monitor performance management
- Ensure cascading and implementation of Global standards and policies for Logistic and Transport
- Implements established logistic and supply chain policies, procedures, and practices to meet requirements supporting short and long-term business needs.
- Manages vendor performance to ensure an uninterrupted supply at optimum cost.
- Manages logistic activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and warehousing of incoming and outgoing materials and distribution of products.
- Ensures connection between sales, purchasing, production control, traffic, and warehousing to support a manufacturing operation and optimize costs.
- Manages, motivates and assesses performance of a small team of professionals.
- Any graduate with Supply Chain or Business Management required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years Logistic and Transport management
- Direct experience successfully optimizing and managing transport required
- Extensive Logistic and Transport Industry knowledge and methodologies in all land, rail and overseas areas
- Knowledge of SAP/ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) desired
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong computer skills
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Candidates having exposure in managing logistics in B2B segment.