Consultant at Upman Placement
Views:749 Applications:188 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Manager - Logistics & Procurement - Plastic Packaging (4-15 yrs)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
- Research potential local and overseas vendors, service providors and transporters
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers etc..
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information, and invoices
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Compliance with local rules and regulators
- Customs handling
- Shipping including sea, air, courier, door to door
- Making sure paper work is in order so no delays in clearing
- Liasing with shipping lines and clearing agetnts to clear goods in a timely manner.
- Must have exposure of sourcing in African market
- Keeping track of all work and reporting clearly using Microsoft Office proficiently
- Present updates to Top Management in a clear and concise manner in the English Language
- Pfi Preparation
- Processing Of Form M
- Processing Paar
- Liaison With Supplier For Documentations
- Paying Import Duty
- Liasioning With Clearing Agent
- Liasioning With Nigerian Custom Service
- Negotiations On Transport Rate
- Preparing Landing Cost
- Container Refund
- Tracking Of Container Return
- Monitoring Day To Day Import Work
- Trade Services With Banks
- Liaise With Banks For Paar And Shipping Documents
- Must Have 4+ years experience handling Plastic Resin, Raw Material, Films and Solvents
- Nigeria Experience is welcome but not mandatory
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.