Associate Recruiter at Vbeyond Corporation
Views:358 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Manager - Litigation/Dispute Resolution - Financial Services (4-10 yrs)
Opportunity for Manager Litigation (Dispute Resolution)
Role & Responsibilities:
- To set up a strong, proactive, and effective litigation prevention and resolution function with customer interest at the centre.
- To set up a strong IPR practice - trademark /copyright registration, monitoring and protection
- Develop a PAN India legal reach program for effective resolution of cases - consumer, civil and criminal.
- Merchant / Partner - recoveries /claim management as per contracts (Drafting Notices/Replies to third parties)
- Legal support in case of detention/police custody/ filing FIR/others of employees on the ground (feet on street across the country) - ability to advise on legal strategy and action for on ground support for timely legal resolution.
- Develop a training program and preventive strategy in order to resolve disputes before it turns into an FIR, police complaint or a litigation/case.
- Empanelment of the right set of law firms with PAN India presence for litigation, notice and complaint handling.
- Application for Trade-Mark, Copyright, filing oppositions, monitoring and assessment program of Company IPR. Executing infringement action directly or through law firms, attending to all court matters directly or through law firms. Coordination and briefing/discussion with external lawyers or legal firms, reviewing submissions, petitions, replies, documents prepared by lawyers. Negotiate law firm contract terms including TATs, reporting updates etc.
- Creation and maintaining of a Litigation tracker with Mgmt. dashboard and reporting for one view of litigation risk map across the organisation.
- Support to the HR department to handle employee related disputes/claims.
- Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of business to management with litigation prevention, effective resolution and customer centricity at the core.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action, ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically, identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate litigation risk.
Ideal Candidate (preferably from Bangalore or proficient in Kannada language)
- Minimum qualification: LL.B / LLM
- Minimum 4-10 years post-qualification experience with the right mix of self or firm /court practice and as in-house legal counsel in the financial services sector, payments industry (right exposure in civil, Arbitration (domestic & International), criminal areas and IPR infringement matters.
- Have strong written communication and oratory skills. Good in drafting legal documents and interpretation of statutes.
Expectations other than qualification & technical experience:
(i) Committed and ready to work under constraints/ pressure.
(ii) Ready to travel with a sense of urgency and approach to address legal issues.
(iii) Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives, excellent knowledge and understanding of civil, criminal, and corporate law & procedures
(iv) Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
(v) Well-versed in how businesses operate with financial acumen
(vi) High degree of professional ethics and integrity, Excellent judgement and analytical skills, good interpersonal skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.