Chief Recruitment Specialist at Teamlease Services Ltd
Views:278 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Manager - Litigation - Agro-chemicals Business - LLB (10-15 yrs)
To provide support for effectively managing Litigation of Company. This includes updating litigation database, monitoring the litigation (on go or no go perspective), discuss with external legal counsel and provide all support to effectively handle the litigation at various stages in different forum.
The Job Holder will be responsible for managing following activities:
Country Specialists - India for company Intellectual Property GmbH, and Member of cos global IP professionals; To advice global IP professionals about changes in patent law, jurisdictions, tips and tricks, freedom to operate, etc. and respond to their queries pertaining to interpretation of substantive and procedural laws of India
- Represent co Intellectual Property GmbH, Germany and, USA in their Patent and Trademark Infringement litigations initiated in India;
- Complete charge of litigations of companies in India including legacy litigations; Initiation of arbitration proceedings at Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, against Distributors and Dealers of the Company and to represent Company in these arbitration proceedings
- Protect interests and reputation of group in disputes, claims or lawsuits filed against it, in a manner, which is both economical and consistent with the best business and ethical interests of the company. Implement effective litigation strategy with a view to reduction in long pending litigations after reviewing technical possibilities of disposing such cases by out of court settlements; Develop effective litigation strategy after understanding crux of issues involved on case to case basis;
- Initiate action against counterfeit and look-alike products, in collaboration with Product Defense Team - India; Safeguards and protect intellectual properties of by taking appropriate legal actions against infringers of IP rights.
- Handle and support company in CBI, SIT and other investigations initiated by enforcement agencies. Protect reputation of group and to safeguard concerned employees;
- Expertise in providing legal solutions on various legal, contractual, and regulatory issues as per industry specific laws i.e. Insecticides and Seeds Law;
- Advising business on copyright issues and defend group in copyrights infringement actions;
- Member, Co-Lead of Crop Life India (Industry Association) - Legal Committee, in this role advice industry on common legal issues faced by members of association
- Law Graduate from recognized university (L.L.B.) with more than 10 years of experience in good and reputed Company, especially handling civil and criminal litigations. Experience in handling IP litigation in an agrochemicals industry would be preferable
- High level of the personal confidence, legal acumen and decision-making skills
- Having the right mindset and putting self in the shoes of the business and its customers, actively listening and engaging, taking time to build relationships, sharing openly, taking responsibility with transparency and integrity.
- Well versed in Insecticide and Seed Act, Contract Act, Labor Laws, Factories Act, Civil and Criminal Procedure code and other relevant legislations
- Ability to lead and manage independently important litigations
- Good communication and interpretation skills and ability to efficiently work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage external stakeholders
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.