HR Consultant at The Search Managers
Views:486 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Manager - Legal - Renewable Energy Business - LLB (8-11 yrs)
- Generalist responsibilities, preferably with 3-4 years of experience of disputes under to Electricity Laws and regulatory matters pertaining the power generation sector (Renewable Energy).
- Provide Pro-active, professional, competent, (cost) effective and creative legal support.
- Have negotiation and drafting skills and business sense while dealing with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business.
- Collaborate with business functions (Business Development, Project Finance) as well as with supporting areas (Finance, Admin, Accounting & HR) advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the Company's businesses.
- Work independently as well as part of various teams and take on projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Main responsibilities will cover a variety of legal issues concerning our renewable energy (solar and wind) activities in India. Amongst others, the following responsibilities apply to this position:
- Handling issues related to EPC, procurement, supply chain, vendors, rental agreements, land acquisition/lease, JV agreements, equity raise, debt financing documentation etc.
- Managing Pre-Award & Post-Contract, legal negotiations and compliances, contractual risk assessments, contracts administration, correspondence, etc.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders for preparation of Contracts.
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company.
- Co-ordinate with internal functions, Counsels & Law Firms.
- Drafting, responding and reviewing legal notices and related activities.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the Company.
- Updating the status of disputes and contractual activity to various stakeholders Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Company.
- Represent the Company at before Authorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law with strong academic credentials.
- 8-10 years of total legal experience. Around 3 years of Court Litigation Experience is a must.
- Good understanding of drafting of contracts
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience on managing external legal counsels.
- Experience in Electricity Laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Team Player
Preferred Qualifications - Mix of professional experience as in-house counsel in a renewable energy company in and legal counsel in a law firm.