Recruiter at Sapwood Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Views:12487 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
Manager - Legal - LLB - Bank (5-10 yrs)
Manager - Legal (Experience in Corporate Bank is Mandatory)
- Manage all legal issues in all aspects of the firm's operations with a view to mitigate and eliminate risks while enforcing adherence to all laws and regulations.
- To attend and advise Business Unit's queries/matters pertaining to the provisions of Companies Act-2013, Transfer of Property Act, Mercantile Law, and other banking related Acts in day to day business transaction of the Bank.
- Drafting/vetting/review of all kinds of credit documentation for wholesale/ Retail/SME, including security documents and all transaction documents for various kinds of fund based and non-fund based facilities.
- Providing legal opinion in relation to securitization and other structured finance transactions.
- To play a proactive and key role in the New-Product Approval or Product Review Process by providing advice with respect to the legal risks and possible remedial actions of the product introductions or modifications.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Develop a framework for legal risk identification and assessment across various business activities in consultation with the concerned business teams.
- Negotiation of contracts with the external clients in legal perspective for its closure and help the business in execution of the same.
- Ensure provision of legal advice in framing/ review of policies and on all documents, contracts and agreements relating to the business operations to protect the organization against any legal exposure and minimize liability.
- Scan the regulatory environment, Identify, interpret and analyze existing & new legislations/amendments & notifications that impact Bank, bring to the notice of the appropriate functions about their implications and applicability, guide them in formulating suitable plan of action
- Lead and direct the provision of sound legal advice and recommendations to aid Head-Legal and other senior management team with the decision making process in order to protect the legal interests of Bank.
- To communicate /interact with RBI/SEBI and other Regulators pertaining to legal issues/compliance.
- Advise and assist Compliance and Risk on both ongoing legal risks and anticipate on new legal risks, arising by virtue of new laws or regulations. Assist business in identifying legal risks while launching n Assist Risk Based Supervision Committee to support risk management and mitigation.
Internal process :
- Adhere to timelines in reviewing and vetting all official communications & documentations such as contracts, agreements and settlements.
- Monitor the timelines of submission of reports/statements to government authorities, ensure timely escalation
- Manage database/MIS of all the ongoing proceedings across functions and regions; follow up with concerned business/regional heads for closure; provide advice in course corrections; escalate when required
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
Learning & Performance :
- Maintain a database on Applicable laws comprising FAQs, dos & don'ts as a ready reference.
- Ensure goal-setting, midyear -review and annual appraisal process happens within specified timelines for self
- Keeping a track on the latest laws and banking related Acts and proactively advise the management and business about such amendments and its implication on business and to suggest changes in process/procedure in line with the amendments through circulars/guidelines.
- Actively coordinate with respective stake holders in case of any big misses/lapses.
Note : Highlight only the critical baseline responsibilities; and not activities that the role holder might do on an ad-hoc/on-off case
Key Interactions (Who does this position interact with on a regular basis to perform this role ) :
Internal Interface/External Interface :
- Respective business Departments. Statutory and Regulatory Authorities.
- Risk &Compliance Dept. External Legal Consultants, Law firms, Lawyers
- Regional Business Managers
Performance Metrics :
Internal Process : Regulator satisfaction, No of instances of non-compliance with legal guidelines (Target - zero instances)
Operational efficiency : % adherence to TAT in document review and vetting
Learning & Performance : Capability building Knowledge repository creation on legal guidelines
Performance management : Adherence PMS timelines for self
Note : Each BSC perspective can have multiple KRAs. Each KRA can have multiple KPIs
Role Requirements :
Desired Qualification : Bachelor's degree in law from a recognized university
- Qualification such as ICSA is preferable.
Desired Experience :
- 5 + years of legal experience with at least 2 years of practicing in the Bar
Note : Please add minimum mandatory experience/qualifications required alone
Functional Knowledge And Skills :
(Knowledge and skills needed for satisfactory performance of the job)
Should have in-depth understanding of matters related to Retail and wholesale banking, Loan/Credit documentation and Corporate/commercial laws etc.
Experience in legal matters relating to :
- General and Commercial Laws
- Company Law
- Commercial Contracts
- Intellectual Property
- IT contracts
- Property Laws
Regulatory & Statutory Compliance :
- Working knowledge about Labor Act is preferable
- Good understanding of policy formulation process
- Adept at influencing policy changes for commercial advantage
- Proficient in drafting and vetting of legal documents and commercial contracts.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Makes a strong impression on others, gains agreement and commitment through persuasion and negotiation. Manages conflict effectively. Make effective decisions and to takes responsibility and shows initiative.
- To establish standards of behaviour for others and motivates and empowers individuals.
- Problem solving & critical thinking, Negotiation skills and strong interpersonal communications.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.