Manager - Legal - IT (6-9 yrs)
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs
- Takes responsibility for a strong governance & compliance system on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters
Specific areas of responsibilities:
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Serves as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Judges the merits of major legal disputes, works with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic approach and approves appropriate settlements where warranted.
- Oversees the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel.
- Advises on legal aspects of the company's financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, government agencies, clients, vendors etc)
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights - for internal and external contracts
- Closely works with finance team on company secretarial compliances including but not limited to documentation of Board Meetings, General
- Meetings and any other ROC related documentation and filings. The incumbent will be required to own the entire process and liaise with outsourced secretarial team to get the job done
- Supports business expansion (domestic & international), divestitures, strategic partnerships
- 6+ years of proven general counsel experience in business and technology environment
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, secretarial compliances, litigations, labour law, IPR etc)
- Strong aptitude to rapidly learn & scale knowledge in adjacent / new areas of work
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives & In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Strong financial acumen & business understanding
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to - see around the corner-
- Customer/Client Focus.