Recruiter at Mississippi Consultants
Views:898 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Manager - Legal - IT (5-10 yrs)
Legal Counsel's responsibilities would include below matters:
1. Must have sound knowledge and provide expert advice/ legal strategies and guidance to the Management on issues related to regulatory aspects, commercial, operations, technology, IP transactions, data privacy, contracts, general legal advisory, integrity and antitrust matters relating to businesses to ensure full compliance with Group directives/ instructions/ local regulations.
2. Manage claims, dispute and litigation matters. Provide expert advice and guidance to the organization on issues related to matters stated in 1 above.
3. Draft, negotiate and timely close a wide variety of complex commercial transactions, frame agreements, contracts, RFP/RFI/Tender activates, partnerships, settlements, contract amendments and other contractual terms in collaboration with all stakeholders. Must have the capacity to translate complex legal words to what it means for people on ground.
4. Anticipate and identify legal/risk issues of concern to the Business and proactively develop effective strategies, mitigation actions and practical solutions, with a problem-solving mindset.
5. Contribute to the development of new directives/instructions based on local legislation and directives. Assist with the implementation of both local and Group legal and integrity directives and instructions and monitors on-going integrity.
6. Represent the company in regulatory inquiries and disputes, including supervision of outside counsel and provide legal training, including training on contract negotiation and integrity, and awareness for employees.
7. Responsible for oversight, tracking and coordination of Intellectual Property Rights, advising on compliance and labor related matters, including involvement in code of conduct investigations
8. Set direction and lead the Company India legal team in providing advice on the legal/regulatory environment, risks inherent in proposed strategies/plans, and provide alternative mitigation strategies where applicable and Participation in other projects as directed and act as senior legal advisor to Company
Must Have Requirements:
- LLB or equivalent degree with experience in handling large IT/ITES Outsourcing contracts projects(50+ MUSD or more))- Must have a US/EU Law degree or work experience in this GEO.
- A successful track record of handling complex international corporate and commercial transactions.
- Expert knowledge of IT Services industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, including a detailed working knowledge of IP, Privacy, TUPE, Contract laws across major GEO and offshore contracts. Has been involved in significant claims and litigations and significant regulatory inquiries.
- Experience in working in an autonomous manner, in an international cross-border environment and a multinational group and strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ace Negotiator, excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams and work and deliver under pressure.