Manager - Legal - IFS (8-12 yrs)
Manager- Legal - IFS
Position title : Manager - Legal (M2)
Reports to : Director - Legal, Reputation and Risk Office (RRO)
Positions that reports to this position :
The role may need to supervise and guide the internal lawyers in the team.
Liaises with (Internally) :
- Includes Functional Risk Leaders, Service Line Leaders, Functional Leaders, RRO Team, Independence and Conflicts Check Teams, other Partners and Professionals.
Liaises with (Externally) :
- Professionals (including legal) from other firms in the Deloitte network, client representatives (including external counsels), vendors, outside counsels, etc.
Financial Authority Limit : None
Primary purpose of the role :
- Supporting high-end corporate work - such as joint ventures, practice augmentation, partnership deeds.
- Corporate work such as procurement.
- Supporting new product launches.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Drive projects for the RRO team. Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
- Other matters.
Major responsibilities & deliverables:
- Risk identification and managing/mitigation, and other legal matters.
- Promoting initiatives that further professional practice interests.
- Drive projects for the RRO team.
- Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
- Generally assisting the Director - Legal in the legal matters relating to risk and reputational aspects.
- Developing formats /templates for various contracts.
- Assistance in developing policies for the firm from risk and quality perspective.
- Assistance in preparing material (presentations) for workshops & training programs.
- Other legal matters
Skills Required :
- The candidate must have solid legal knowledge and skills, ability to apply that to practical situations, and a solution-oriented, pragmatic approach to balance risk and reward. The following are important, among others:
- Ability to understand complex matters.
- Solid understanding of laws such as FEMA, company law, employment law, competition law, etc.
- Risk spotting ability - the candidate must be able to quickly assess the risk areas and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them.
- Analytical skills - should be able to use judgment, analyze facts and draw logical conclusions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills - should be able to draft legal clauses/contracts, prepare reports and correspondence related to work
- Dispute resolution experience would be desirable.
Qualifications required :
- Bachelor of Law (LLB); Associate/Fellow Membership with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Graduation in Commerce, desirable.
Experience required, Any Specific Industry / Company exposure :
- Experience - Around 8-12 years
- Experience preferably that of handling similar profile in IT, Consulting, Infrastructure Advisory, Financial Services, or Manufacturing industry.