Manager - Legal - IFS (8-12 yrs)
Manager- Legal - IFS
Position title : Manager - Legal (M2)
Reports to : Director - Legal, Reputation and Risk Office (RRO)
Positions that reports to this position :
The role may need to supervise and guide the internal lawyers in the team.
Liaises with (Internally) :
- Includes Functional Risk Leaders, Service Line Leaders, Functional Leaders, RRO Team, Independence and Conflicts Check Teams, other Partners and Professionals.
Liaises with (Externally) :
- Professionals (including legal) from other firms in the Deloitte network, client representatives (including external counsels), vendors, outside counsels, etc.
Financial Authority Limit : None
Primary purpose of the role :
- Supporting high-end corporate work - such as joint ventures, practice augmentation, partnership deeds.
- Corporate work such as procurement.
- Supporting new product launches.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Drive projects for the RRO team. Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
- Other matters.
Major responsibilities & deliverables:
- Risk identification and managing/mitigation, and other legal matters.
- Promoting initiatives that further professional practice interests.
- Drive projects for the RRO team.
- Supporting other Functions in matters such as clients and markets, etc.
- Generally assisting the Director - Legal in the legal matters relating to risk and reputational aspects.
- Developing formats /templates for various contracts.
- Assistance in developing policies for the firm from risk and quality perspective.
- Assistance in preparing material (presentations) for workshops & training programs.
- Other legal matters
Skills Required :
- The candidate must have solid legal knowledge and skills, ability to apply that to practical situations, and a solution-oriented, pragmatic approach to balance risk and reward. The following are important, among others:
- Ability to understand complex matters.
- Solid understanding of laws such as FEMA, company law, employment law, competition law, etc.
- Risk spotting ability - the candidate must be able to quickly assess the risk areas and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them.
- Analytical skills - should be able to use judgment, analyze facts and draw logical conclusions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills - should be able to draft legal clauses/contracts, prepare reports and correspondence related to work
- Dispute resolution experience would be desirable.
Qualifications required :
- Bachelor of Law (LLB); Associate/Fellow Membership with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Graduation in Commerce, desirable.
Experience required, Any Specific Industry / Company exposure :
- Experience - Around 8-12 years
- Experience preferably that of handling similar profile in IT, Consulting, Infrastructure Advisory, Financial Services, or Manufacturing industry.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.