HR Manager at Confidential
Views:338 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:64
Manager - Legal - Food Business (4-6 yrs)
Manager - Legal
Job Description :
Key Deliverables of the Role :
1. Generalist lawyer with the ability to handle the broad spectrum of day-to-day legal affairs of the business.
2. Strong basis of contractual law and related advising and litigation.
3. Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including manufacturing, marketing, supply, copacker and distribution agreements.
4. Providing legal advice and - Identification of key legal risks facing the business and commercial areas (such as contract use and interpretation, food and marketing regulation, privacy, competition and other customer or third party claims.
5. Developing and coordinating litigation strategies and coordinating centrally all litigation across the country, including engaging and supervising local counsel, and tracking developments and outcomes to minimize exposure.
6. Retaining, directing, instructing and supervising external counsel and other professional advisors as required in connection with litigation.
7. Proactive partnering with the sales team and be adept in guiding sales in distribution relations, competition related queries, as well as compliances to minimize exposure to commercial and penal risks
8. Ensuring compliances to Legal Metrology, Food laws, and IPR laws, rules and regulations including periodical changes announced from time to time to avoid undue litigation along with allied Act/Rules.
Key Competencies :
1. Strong Planning and Execution Skills
2. People Skills
3. Systems & Process orientation
4. Business Focus
Reporting Relationships :
1. Reports to Head Legal Foods, Sales and IP
2. Oversee work of external counsels.
3. Peer relationships with members of the Sales, Marketing , IT, Regulatory, etc.
4. Based in Mumbai Corporate Office
5. Regular travel will be required