Manager - Legal - FMCG (8-15 yrs)
Person should have hands on experience in:
- Handling all documentation relating to FMCG business for supply / procurement of raw materials and products; agreement relating to lease of manufacturing units/ premises to be used for FMCG business and sale of goods;
- Ability to interpret laws and inform/educate the concerned with the latest changes and amendments to the same from time to time.
- Drafting and vetting of all types of contracts required in day to day business of a Company.
- Advising the units / manufacturing and marketing teams for compliance under Food Safety and Standards Authority of India Act (FSSAI) and Legal Metrology Act, Drugs and Cosmetics Act, their rules, guidelines, orders, etc.
- Experience on replying Statutory Notices, Show Cause Notices and managing Departmental/Court cases relating to the FSSAI, Legal Metrology Act and Drugs and Cosmetics Act filed against the Company.
- Advising the company in all matters pertaining to FSSAI, Legal Metrology and Drugs and Cosmetics Act,
- Ensuring compliances including but not restricted to strategy to minimise notices/ litigations, training the concerned staff on various compliances related to the aforesaid acts.
- Handling all activities relating to registration, modifications, renewals of various licenses, permits, approvals under the aforesaid acts and all issues arising out of the same.
- Maintain cordial relations with various authorities and develop a strong network to further the organisation's interests.
- Good communication skills in English and local languages (Marathi, Hindi etc.)
- Maintaining a database of all licenses, permissions and other related documents.
- Co-ordinating with the factories and advising them on their requirements and issues which are raised by them from time to time.
- Well-grounded in knowledge and application of laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must be a team player and have good communication skills and strong business acumen.
- Should be action oriented and should have a passion to deliver results;
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity;