Views:581 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Legal - FinTech (10-18 yrs)
Financial services are poised for explosive growth in India, and digital lending is estimated to be a US$1 trillion opportunity over the next 5 years.
In a growing, credit starved economy; this is an opportunity to join a well-funded digital lending NBFC (Non-Banking Finance Company) based out of Singapore and New Delhi. The company is founded by a team of former financial services professionals dedicated to disrupting traditional lending in India.
We are a rapidly growing organization with a team of 200+ smart, young & energetic Individuals from top global and Indian universities such as Wharton, Columbia & IIT with international experience in New York, Toronto and London. The team has worked with reputed firms in the Banking and Financial Services (BFSI) space, such as Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Citi, Deloitte, Kabbage and more, with exposure across multiple functions Including technology, customer experience and process re-engineering. The team is leveraging its collective experience to deliver best-in-class services and great convenience to its customers.
The company is led by a CEO who is an experienced venture capital and private equity investor with extensive global experience and a stellar track record.
Recently named on the list LinkedIn Top Startups 2019: The 25 hottest Indian companies to work for.
Job Role: - Manager Legal
- Principal/Senior Associate with 10+ years- experience in a law firm and hold strong experience in drafting of contracts, and leading negotiations. Prior industry experience in financial services will be a strong plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the firm's relationships with top tier external law firms and advisors.
- Act as a general counsel of the firm and oversee all internal and external statutory compliances.
- Review the agreements from a legal perspective and ensure minimal risks to the organization. Proactively be involved in negotiations.
- Publishing legal MIS covering contracts, notices, litigations etc.
- Strategizing and advising the business team and lawyers on potential disputes, disputes and/or litigations including those related to vendors, HR issues, etc.
- Lead legal due diligence related assignment with close coordination with external law firms.
- Keep updated with case law and regulations and advise internal stakeholders.
Report to the CEO. Must possess the maturity to work independently. This is a significant opportunity for advancement to gain wide spread exposure and work directly with senior leadership at Private Equity Firms, top law firms and advisory firms.
- Experience with governance, risk management, and compliance
- Ability to work independently and manage relationships with external law firms
- Familiarity with RBI regulations pertaining to NBFC- s
- Masters Degree from a top tier institution
Competitive. This is an ideal role for someone with strong functional skills looking to apply them to a high growth and exciting career opportunity.
Location: New Delhi, India