Senior Recruiter at ARA Resources Pvt Ltd
Views:1382 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:184
Manager - Legal Counsel - Law Firm - LLB (8-15 yrs)
The Role: Legal Counsel Geography - To support the management of Company's Entities to ensure compliance with local and regulatory requirements. To facilitate and lead entity matters strategies across multiple complex jurisdictions including entity structural changes and working in complex countries. To manage entity maintenance activities through GEMS to ensure quality and accuracy of entity related data and reporting.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assisting, advising, and performing legal due diligences for geographic expansions and for work in countries considered "high risk" under ACN policies
- Draft and implement corporate documentation for entities within region (Articles of Associations and By-Laws; Minutes of Board and Shareholders Meetings; Powers of Attorney and Proxies; Recapitalization documentation).
- Manage corporate secretarial matters, including documentation necessary to appoint/dismiss Directors and other Corporate Officers
- Instruct External Counsel resources on specific projects
- Support matters relating to policy compliance, research, and advisory
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on various legal and commercial issues
- Build credible and effective relationships within Legal and with business and/or external Clients
- Coordinate and undertake legal assessments on regional/global projects, policies, and compliance initiatives.
- Identify process improvements and drive team in developing/drafting of guidelines, handbooks, know how material, checklists, and process/tools associated documents
- Effective management of escalations and presentations to senior management on entity matters strategies and projects.
Skills Required :
- Good experience at law firm and/or as in-house counsel in generic/legal research and reporting, contracts, ethics, and compliance area; experience in entity matters and controllership, preferred
- Experience in managing end-to-end projects and teams on function specific processes and/or areas, worked with internal and external teams, and understands delivery requirements
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, is detail-oriented, has sound judgement, is adaptable, demonstrate promptness, accuracy, and consistency with the activities supported, take complete ownership, and drive tasks to closure, has strong time management, prioritization, organizational skills
- Good understanding of company's offerings and function specific services performed, very good understanding of commercial agreements, legal and compliance fundamentals, corporate business practices, and contracting regulations
- Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments, ability to work under pressure, with exposure to senior management and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases
- Able to effectively influence senior management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Law
- Certifications and Membership: Compliance related global professional certification considered a plus.
- Minimum of 10 to 13 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
- 8+ years experience in Corporate matters (entities transactions and general entity matters)
- 3+ years in Merger & Acquisitions Corporate matters
- Exposure to English law/UK law through some trainings/studies or work experience. Restructuring entities, meeting boards, etc