Principal Consultant at Talent Leads Consultants
Views:3731 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Manager - Legal Counsel - FMCG (5-10 yrs)
This role will have end-to-end responsibility for all legal and compliance matters for Business in India. The successful candidate will be the business partner to India General Manager and other functions.
- Provide professional legal advice, legal leadership, strategy and risk management through knowledge and experience, and help develop compliance systems and processes for Professional operations and all areas of business in India in conjunction with functional and business leaders.
- Provide and set strategic direction, sound balanced legal advice on a wide range of corporate commercial matters. Oversight for various legal regulatory related matters.
- Being at the forefront of related policy development in India relevant to India activities. Strong understanding of Indias governmental structures and policy making process. Ability to represent the Companys point of view through strong advocacy.
- Ability to provide alternatives when there are regulatory policy barriers to business.
- Provide guidance, advice on product developments and approval on marketing claims and marketing materials in India.
- Review and participate in the negotiation review and approval of material contracts.
- Proactively ensure compliance in all areas of laws and contractual agreements and have preventive measures in place.
- Ensure legality of all significant contracts entered into by K-C in particular with regard to third party contractors, distributors, purchasing, employment, compensation etc.
- Participate, assist and liaise with corporate functional departments on key technical service fee agreements, professional consultancy/services agreements, licensing and assignments as well as in dealing with third parties in matters of conflict and settlement.
- Risk management through knowledge and experience and developing compliant systems and processes.
- Provide guidance on employment related issues, e.g. termination, severance, mutual separation, outsourcing arrangements, employment templates.
- Function as Company Secretary, India entity and ensure company and corporate governance of the operations .
- Work with India Legal Lead to drive compliance in India including driving compliance trainings and initiatives in India.
- Develop and provide training programs for non-legal functions on contractual, intellectual property, marketing law issues, where necessary.
- Ensure that all material legal and compliance related issues are approved by in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate and work with regional India Legal Lead and corporate legal groups in the global legal function such as the IP COE, Litigation COE and Employment & Labor COE.
- Establish a strong business partnership based on trust.
- Be actively involved in managing potential litigation and ensure that interest is protected.
- Proactively manage litigation early case assessments and dispute resolution.
- Work with external counsel to manage IP enforcement programs in for, India including raids.
- Advise and assist business partners in negotiations with third parties and assist in concluding settlements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant external contacts and organizations (e.g. external lawyers, lawyers of key customers/competitors, governmental organizations, regulators, trade and industry associations, external bodies etc).
- Identify work to be outsourced, select and manage external lawyers, their fee arrangements and service levels.
- For business, participate in negotiation and advice and be involved in preparation of documentation for any mergers, disposals, restructures, strategic alliances, acquisitions of companies.
- Provide support to HR, supply chain, procurement and other functional groups in respect of matters
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.