Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2460 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:65
Manager - Legal - Corporate Trustee - LLB (5-8 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well established, professionally managed, Corporate Trustee Company to identify a Manager - Legal to be based at Delhi. The trust company acts as a custodian for trusts, estates, custodial arrangements, asset management, stock transfer, beneficial ownership registration and other related arrangements. The company also offers corporate formation and market entry services, due diligence, enforcement and monitoring services to both domestic and foreign entities including banks, financial institutions, corporates, funds, governments, insurance companies, non-profit organisations and high net worth individuals.
Job Purpose :
- Develop and lead the legal strategy across the business and act as a key point of contact regarding any business legal matters.
- Liaise with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtain necessary sanctions and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
Key Responsibilities :
- Drafting and vetting of documents and agreements related to Debenture issuances, Security Trustee transaction, Project Finance, Securitisation, Private Equity & Venture Capital Funds alternate investment fund and other funds, intellectual property rights and other products.
- To advise internal management on various regulatory and legal issues and assist in developing internal policies in line with Compliance needs.
- Brief attorneys and legal counsels for ongoing matters.
- Responsible for day to day legal activities and monitoring.
- Review and provide legal advise on documents, agreements etc.
- Review ongoing cases and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advise to management.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- To conduct research relating to transactions that are hit by FEMA and SEBI, RBI, Companies Act, Indian Contract Act and other statutes.
- Provide training for staff on an on-going basis, particularly on any relevant changes in laws and regulations.
Desired Skills/Competencies :
- Candidate should have an exposure in commercial, trust, fund and banking laws.
- Demonstrate an ability to interpret regulatory requirements and assess operational Compliance with those requirements.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal, analytical and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and build strong and effective partnerships to work with the broader compliance teams.
- Thorough understanding of legal nuances of Trustee company's operations, procedures etc.
- Have an investigative instinct and analytical mindset and have demonstrated these qualities in previous roles.
- Excellent project management skills in order to manage delivery of the testing program.
- Demonstrate clear and concise communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Have good organizational skills, with an ability to manage and prioritize deliverable in order to meet deadlines as required.
- Able to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately.
- Be able to work independently with minimum supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals.
- Able to demonstrate and provide commitment for a long term career.
Candidates Profile :
- Ideal candidates must be qualified LLB with 5 to 8 years of experience in Law firm or Trustee company .
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please respond with a recent photograph and resume in word format.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.