Founder at Jobs Avenue
Views:832 Applications:113 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Manager - Legal & Compliance - Real Estate - LLB (12-16 yrs)
Job opening for Legal & Compliance Manager
- In the above context, the Legal & Compliance Manager role is responsible to look after all Liasoning activities, render support for investigating the title of the property intending to be purchased/ taken up for development.
- He will be responsible to coordinate in obtaining the title certificate from Advocate/ Solicitors and handle all the regulatory and legal work and liaison with the regulator and external lawyers for compliance of the same.
- He will also be responsible for maintaining and reviewing of legal documents across group companies Real estate portfolio.
- The role would provide oversight of all the legal matters pertaining to properties and related matters to the Head Real Estate & Infra
- The incumbent in the role is expected to oversee the registration of documents, Title search , contracts management and existing title issues if any.
3. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
(List the accountabilities/duties associated with the job and the major activities associated with each accountability. When accountabilities are complete, try if possible to estimate the relative % of time spent on these accountabilities.)
- Accountabilities Major Activities % of Time Liasoning activities
- Render support for investigating the title of the property intending to be purchased/ taken up for development.
- Coordinate in obtaining the title certificate from Advocate/ Solicitors.
- To help in the litigation matters by giving necessary, documents, etc., as may be required by our solicitors from time to time.
- Act as a single point of contact for all legal queries related to the Project
- Manage all legal and regulatory work
- To handle all the regulatory and legal work and liaison with the regulator and external lawyers for compliance of the same.
- Maintain and review legal documents.
- Prepare documents such as Conveyance Deed, Lease Deeds, Contract Agreements, Society formation works etc. as required.
- Identify Legal issues and suggest timely solutions for efficient project closure
- Vetting of various contracts, notices, letters, etc.
- Vet all contracts
- Prepare, scrutinize and finalize sale-deeds , LOI , legal documents and correspondence as required.
- Transcribe/translate all legal and technical circulars of vernacular language into English.
- Oversee the Legal function through ensuring yearly planning and periodic reviews to track performance
Drive stakeholder management:
- Publishing of Legal Dashboards
- Along with Head RE & Infra, keep all the shareholders informed with respect to key Legal aspects of the Properties.
- Group CFO
- Hear RE & Infra
- Legal & Complaince
- Create a systematic and efficient filing system for easy retrieval of legal documents.
- Initiate and facilitate generation of monthly legal reports
- Design a systematic and efficient legal document storage and retrieval
- Coordination and drafting of Agreements
- Effective coordination during registration of agreements.
- Thorough understanding of basic requirements of execution and registration of docs.
- Suggest course corrections as per the requirements
- Drafting and modifying the ancillary docs accurately.
Research and knowledge database:
- Conduct detailed research and ensure that all necessary regulations are complied with
- Create a legal knowledge database
- Publish precise legal dashboards
4. MAJOR CHALLENGES:
(Describe the major challenges you face on an on-going basis in carrying out your job).
- Dynamic needs of the Project/s induce a need to be flexible and adaptive
- Handling multiple land acquisition matters simultaneously with limited resources
(Mention the key decisions taken by job holder at his end and the decisions for which the job holder goes to superior with options and recommendations or seek approval).
Decisions made by job holder:
- As per the defined authority matrix created by Board of Directors
- Approvals within the budgets defined and decision matrix
- Legal and other administrative responsibilities
- Recommendations to or approval by superior
- Legal Inputs towards Land acquisition and other matters
- Legal compliance matters
- Govt regulations
(Describe the job roles that you interact with inside or outside the company to enable you to meet your accountabilities and the key expectations from these interactions. Also mention purpose).
- Roles you need to interact with inside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
Project Leader - for Project planning
Function Heads - to ensure right support for project deliveries
Group CFO - to align with the financial goals
Finance Controller - to align with the legal requirements
- Roles you need to interact with outside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
- Land owners
- Govt. Authorities - for compliance related activities
(List the significant numerical data which will reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning this job).
(These should be quantifiable numerical amounts like annual budgets, project costs, annual revenue, purchase value, no of transactions etc.).
- Project Cost / Budget
- ~INR To be provided Cr. ( )
- OPEX <To be provided>
(Indication of some of the significant volumes associated with the job like number in team/ staff handled etc).
- Geographies: Pune and Metro locations
8. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
(State the minimum acceptable proficiency for this job which best indicates the education and/or experience requirements of this job and not the incumbent).
- LLB, Masters preferred
- Systems Management certification will be added advantage
Functional Skills & Behavioral Skills:
- Good knowledge of Conveyance deeds, Property, Consumer, criminal, civil, property-related laws, and bye-laws.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MOFA, MAO Act, RERA
- Excellent Drafting skills and good at legal clauses.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- People Management Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic thinking
- Intense collaboration
- Eye for detail
- Good communication skills, tactfulness, good negotiation skills, Interpersonal skills & ability to work in a team and under pressure.
Relevant and total years of Experience:
- 12+ years of experience