Founder & CEO at Talenture Management Consulting
Views:1667 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Legal & Company Secretary (10-12 yrs)
A Japanese MNC Organization in Sri City is looking for a Manager Legal reporting to VP. The candidate must be willing to work in their Mumbai office for a year and after that would be moved to Sri City, Andhra Pradesh.
Only those who have knowledge of English, Hindi and Telugu need to apply
The candidate must be a Company Secretary with Legal Qualification.
Must have around 10 Years of Legal and Corporate Compliance Experience.
1st Year - 80% of work scope for Group Companies i.e TIID, TKAT
20% TID scope of work
2nd Year Onwards - 80% TID and 20% for Group Companies
- Establish Policy, Procedures and Process flow pertaining to Legal parameters in the businesses and other entities.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
Legal Risk -
- Review and provide legal advice on contractual and other documentation.
- Review and analyse major legal risks
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Provide assistance and advice to client on matters pertaining to client interests in India, including assisting on litigation and transactional matters.
- Special project work for Alliance Legal Counsel for all client entities.
- Risk management planning across client entities in India
- Assist with Company Secretarial matters as they arise.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise / manage external lawyers.
- To prepare legal notices and prepare replies to legal notices.
- To Liaise with Advocates, Law Firms of the Company for various legal matters.
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- To provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management's attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Organise Board and Committee meetings
- Ensure Corporate records in place as per company's act and all other regulations applicable to business units
- Subsidiary Management
- Compliance with Statutory regulations applicable for business units
- Drive implementation of decisions made by Directors
- Act as advisors to company Directors
- Liaison with auditors, tax advisors on board governance.
- Bachelors of Law
- A Master's degree at Law / Diploma in Arbitration or such relevant field of Law would gain preference.
- Certified in Corporate Secretaryship
- Experience in Factory atmosphere is desired or
- In-depth knowledge of working in house or external law firm in a commercial role
- Knowledge in regulatory law.
- 10 years plus experience ideally in a leading organisation, with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting legal agreements / contracts.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Proven track record of adding value to an organisation through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Eye for detail
- Smart & Analytical
- Completer Finisher
- Individual Contributor
Languages Must: English, Hindi & Telugu
Compensation best as per Industry Standards.