Founder & CEO at Talenture Management Consulting
Views:4294 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Manager - Legal & Company Secretary (10-12 yrs)
A Japanese MNC Organization in Sri City is looking for a Manager Legal reporting to VP. The candidate must be willing to work in their Mumbai office for a year and after that would be moved to Sri City, Andhra Pradesh.
Only those who have knowledge of English, Hindi and Telugu need to apply
The candidate must be a Company Secretary with Legal Qualification.
Must have around 10 Years of Legal and Corporate Compliance Experience.
1st Year - 80% of work scope for Group Companies i.e TIID, TKAT
20% TID scope of work
2nd Year Onwards - 80% TID and 20% for Group Companies
- Establish Policy, Procedures and Process flow pertaining to Legal parameters in the businesses and other entities.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
Legal Risk -
- Review and provide legal advice on contractual and other documentation.
- Review and analyse major legal risks
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Provide assistance and advice to client on matters pertaining to client interests in India, including assisting on litigation and transactional matters.
- Special project work for Alliance Legal Counsel for all client entities.
- Risk management planning across client entities in India
- Assist with Company Secretarial matters as they arise.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise / manage external lawyers.
- To prepare legal notices and prepare replies to legal notices.
- To Liaise with Advocates, Law Firms of the Company for various legal matters.
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- To provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management's attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Organise Board and Committee meetings
- Ensure Corporate records in place as per company's act and all other regulations applicable to business units
- Subsidiary Management
- Compliance with Statutory regulations applicable for business units
- Drive implementation of decisions made by Directors
- Act as advisors to company Directors
- Liaison with auditors, tax advisors on board governance.
- Bachelors of Law
- A Master's degree at Law / Diploma in Arbitration or such relevant field of Law would gain preference.
- Certified in Corporate Secretaryship
- Experience in Factory atmosphere is desired or
- In-depth knowledge of working in house or external law firm in a commercial role
- Knowledge in regulatory law.
- 10 years plus experience ideally in a leading organisation, with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting legal agreements / contracts.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Proven track record of adding value to an organisation through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Eye for detail
- Smart & Analytical
- Completer Finisher
- Individual Contributor
Languages Must: English, Hindi & Telugu
Compensation best as per Industry Standards.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.