Manager - Legal & Commercial - Power Sector (10-12 yrs)
About the company:
Our client is a development and management company established in 2003 with specific interest in Gas, Solar and Water in USA and India. In Gas, we have executed and managed more than 651 MW of projects in USA and India. EverStream Capital is a global asset management firm that invests in energy infrastructure with $420M under management and growing quickly, with particular focus on Japan,Latin America, India and USA.
The JV have already completed construction of our 6 solar plants totalling to 104 MW in Telangana. The JV participated in the Solar Energy Corporation of India's (- SECI- ) most recent government rooftop tender and were awarded a project portfolio totaling 23.39MW, which will be located in the states of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh. Think and EverStream also won 55 MW of solar capacity through the most recent KREDL tender. Building on this success, the JV plans to develop and/or acquire over 2,000 MW of solar projects throughout India over the next three years and expects to invest upwards of $300 million equity capital. The JV is headquartered in Hyderabad and look to increase its investment in the region.
JOB TITLE / DESIGNATION Manager / Sr Manager - Legal & Commercial
NO. OF VACANCIES -1
- Overseeing contracting and procurement activities.
- Implementation of effective techniques to bring efficiency in operations, improvement in quality standards, risk minimization and to achieve maximum cost savings.
- Managing EPC and other high value contracts, Pre-Award & Post-Contract commercial and legal negotiations and compliances, Closure with contractors & sub-contractors, contractual risk assessments, contracts administration, correspondence, change management and claim settlement.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders for preparation of Contract documents, Sub-contracting agreements, Joint Venture / Consortium Agreements, Drafting/Review of agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Letter of Intent, EPC Contract, Purchase Order.
- Exposure to key functions in power and infrastructure sector, ranging from contracts management & procurement, project management, erection & commissioning, operation & maintenance, understanding LC/BGs, warranty issues - as developer / client and as contractor.
- Knowledge in handling gamut of activities ranging from negotiating & managing contracts, handling contractual issues, replying and preparing claim notices such extension of time, liquidated damages, termination, change & variations, claims and contract closure.
- Developing & improvising systems, processes &formats and monitoring their implementation.
- Should possess Leadership / team player skills in leading personnel towards accomplishment of common goals
Age: 30 - 40 years.
LANGUAGES ENGLISH and HINDI is a must.
AGE 30 - 35 Years
WORK EXPERIENCE (in Yrs)10 to 12 Years- Preferably solar background.
- Ability to handle negotiation, project documentation and related transactions
- Well versed with Construction Contracts, EPC Contracts, Turnkey contracts and ability to handle contractor/sub-contractor claims
- Able to understand techno-commercial aspects of the contracts and negotiate on commercial deals
- Ensuring Compliances under various statutes and Agreements
- Any IPP firm - renewable energy
- Preparation of Expression of Interests (EoIs), MoUs, LoIs, NDAs, Engagement Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Consultant Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Lease Agreements, SHA, SPA, Financing agreements etc
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.