Manager - Leadership & Innovation Training Programs - NGO (2-7 yrs)
A. Training, Facilitation, and Coaching (~60% of time):
- Design and deliver/facilitate training to a wide range of audiences, both Indian and global, after being trained in the curriculum and approach to higher education. Participants in your classes could range in age from 20 to 60, with great diversity of cultural and professional backgrounds. Class sizes could range from 5 people to 40 people.
- Assist with or lead new professional development training programs in India and beyond for individuals or institutions, across the social, academia, and private sectors. All our programs focus on building skills for careers with a social impact.
- Coach individuals to overcome barriers and move forward in their desired career trajectory and achieve their goals.
- Constantly review and improve the curricula (learning activities, teaching materials and worksheets) according to employers- needs, and the Institute's values, learning model, and strategic direction. New ideas are welcomed.
B. Program Management (~40% of time):
- Efficiently manage and monitor programs as required
- Meet with prospective Fellows and/or CEOs of companies and answer their questions about our programs
- Attend networking events in order to represent the Institute and build a range of different types of strategic partnerships with other organizations
- Work in a closely-knit, fast-growing, entrepreneurial, diverse, global team. The Institute has a start-up ethos, so all members of the team are expected to do what it takes to complete projects and achieve goals, which often translates into long hours of intense work.
Professional Background and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree (any field)
- Passion for making social impact
- At least 7-10 years of previous work experience, including some experience in the social sector
- Evidence of being a doer - high degree of performance and self-accountability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with high degree of empathy
- Ability to pay close attention to the details that make the difference between doing a good job and doing a great one
-Ability to not just multi-task, but even enjoy working on many different projects at once
- Proven ability to design and deliver training programs from beginning to end - from creating learning outcomes to developing methodology to running training and evaluating outcomes of such trainings
- Experience with innovation and/or adult leadership development
- Experience with group facilitation; the more diverse the groups the better
- Proven ability to coach and mentor individuals from all walks of life towards achieving their professional goals, including people who might be older and with more experience
- Comfort with communicating and collaborating virtually across global teams
(Although not required in order to apply, possessing any of these characteristics will be an advantage):
- Master's degree (any field)
- International experience outside India, for work and/or study
- Proven ability to build professional relationships for networking and/or business development
IT skills: Good knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), virtual communication systems (Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, etc.), and common cloud software (Dropbox, CRM systems, Google Drive, etc.)
You would be a good fit with our organizational culture if:
- You have a passion for helping individuals achieve their full potential
- You proactively initiate action when you see a problem, regardless of whether it is "your responsibility" or not
- You are curious and enthusiastic to keep learning new skills throughout your life
- You love working with people from very different backgrounds, as that can lead to new ideas, fun experiences, and opportunities for growth
- You are comfortable bringing your whole self to work
- The position is based in Bengaluru, India and we are primarily, but not exclusively, looking for an Indian citizen or a foreign resident with the right to work in India.
- Occasional weekend work is required, as some classes happen on Saturdays
- Travel within India is necessary and international travel is likely
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and skills, aligned with the broader social enterprise sector in India
- This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 2-4 years with the initial contract (after an initial trial period), and great room for professional growth and development.