Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:19907 Applications:713 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:444
Manager/Lead Manager - Retail Risk Strategy - Banking Domain (5-8 yrs)
Role Purpose :
Credit Risk Management Strategy is one of the key functional areas within Retail Risk Management. This function owns the development and maintenance of Origination and Account Management strategies for the different Regions within group across all retail products (secure and unsecure).
This role applies to the Business Consulting job family and would encompass dedicated support to Sri Lanka country risk team on various activities including adhoc requests related to portfolio credit quality (from acquisition and account management standpoint), monitoring, audits, sizing/impact analysis due to changes on other processes like modelling, provisioning etc. in accordance to the strategic direction of the Business area. We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role Manager- Business Consulting, GSC's. In this role, you will:
- Provide consultancy and daily support to Sri Lanka country risk team on adhoc analysis related to portfolio credit quality. Take lead in conducting critical analysis for the portfolio including but not limited to Product/Portfolio Diagnosis, Credit Policy Review etc.
- Support activities related to monitoring, audits and any other analysis on portfolio risk management
- Strong project management skills and ensure timely delivery of projects/analysis
- Build and nurture strong relationship with key stakeholders
- Create robust documentation around existing strategies and processes
- The ideal candidate combines strong business and analytical skills with proven ability in project management and should be a good team player
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics/ statistics/ economics or equivalent; Masters degree is preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in analytics preferably in the fields like Strategy Development, Loss Forecasting/Reserving, Modeling, Risk Strategy, Marketing etc.
- Excellent communication skills with technical (the team) and non-technical (senior entity management in region)\counterparts; being able to "translate" between the two worlds is the major thing in the day to day work.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Good organizational, analytical, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in managing risk activities in retail lending is essential.
- Prior experience in managing Retail portfolios such as Mortgage, Cards, Loans and Overdrafts
- Prior project management experience would be preferred
- Prior experience with acquisition risk strategy, account management strategy or strategy analysis and portfolio management would be preferred. Exposure to TRIAD and SMG3 would be a plus