Manager - Labor & Employment Department - Bank (5-15 yrs)
- Provide advice on Consultancy Agreements, Manpower Supply Agreements, License Agreements and any other business correspondence for HR Dept. for vendor engagements and third-party tie-ups.
- Need based assessment of legal & regulatory problems and providing informed solutions through detailed research and understanding.
- Drafting, reviewing and providing mentorship on development of policies and procedures specifically related to HR Dept.
- Assisting HR Dept. in modification of SOP, Code of Conduct from time to time and also preparation of Terms of Appointment Order/review of employment contracts and providing advice and mentorship on all internal investigations and recommend implementation of appropriate actions.
- Assisting the internal disciplinary committees in analysing and dealing with Disciplinary cases and Appeals referred to such committee for final decision.
- Providing end to end legal advice in all matters of employment law issues including hiring, discipline, termination, pay and benefits.
- Providing legal advice and ensure compliance with labour laws applicable to the bank including CLRA, Gratuity, ESI, PF, Bonus and such other laws
2. Customer (Both Internal & External)
- Help in ensuring principle of natural justice while conducting disciplinary proceedings.
- Keep in mind the best interests of customers of the bank while providing apt legal advice and ensuring protection of the bank's data privacy in third party arrangements.
- Assisting the internal business departments (internal customers) in closing documentations required for smooth functioning of business.
- Adhering to reasonable timelines in reviewing documents.
3. Internal Process
- Assisting in formulating internal policies for the bank
- Adhering to internal process requirements while conducing disciplinary cases.
- Attending cases filed against the Bank by the terminated employees before various
Tribunals and other Forums.
4. Innovation & Learning
- Attending seminars and conferences for knowledge enhancement and updating about latest trends in the banking industry and provide training to the internal stake holders.
- Applying learning received from on-the-job training during assignments.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS :
Educational Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in law from a recognized university.
- Additional qualification such as MBA/ACS would be preferable.
- 5+ years- experience in Legal/Human Resource Dept. of a Banking Company/NBFC/Consultancy or IT related Companies.
- Should have in-depth understanding of matters related to employment laws, contract management, commercial laws including new Code on Wages, Industrial Relations Code, Code on Social Security, Occupational safety Health and Working Conditions Code.
Experience in legal matters relating to:
- Employment Laws
- General and Commercial Laws
- Company Law
- Commercial Contracts
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection Laws
- Property Laws
- Regulatory & Statutory Compliance
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act.
- Good understanding of policy formulation process
- Adept at influencing policy changes for commercial advantage