Director at Four A Consulting LLP
Views:1502 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Manager - Knowledge Creation - Consulting Firm (9-14 yrs)
Title: Manager - Knowledge Creation
Reporting to: Associate Director
- As part of the Knowledge Creation and Dissemination team, the Manager is expected to lead projects that provide insights on critical socio-economic issues in India build The Foundation's thought leadership within the sector and contribute to strategic and sustainable giving to non-profits in India.
- The candidate is also expected to mentor and lead a team of personnel to execute on strategy and project plans, as well as contribute to the team and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, and internal task forces.
- Finally, the candidate will work with individuals and teams across the organization and bring insights on KCD's progress and needs, to ensure it maintains a cutting edge role at The Foundation.
This is a roll-up-your-sleeves role for a highly flexible, dynamic and energetic individual, with a passion for transformative social change.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Manage research, knowledge management and knowledge development processes for The Foundation Oversee the end-to-end creation of knowledge products across areas of Adolescents, Sanitation and others, involving secondary research, expert interviews and synthesizing of data from multiple sources Create and present recommendations for philanthropic investment to donors Mentor and lead a team of personnel to execute on strategy and operational plans, with or without a formal reporting relationship Recruit, train, support and develop team members
- Manage cross-functional teams, as required, throughout the organization Contribute to team- and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, internal taskforces Build and manage relationships with non-profits and knowledge partners
Desired Skills & Experience :
9+ years of experience in the Indian and/or international development sector with a focus on research, consulting, writing, knowledge management, and multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the development sector and policy landscape in India.
- Experience managing complex, long-term projects, with a wide range of stakeholders, while managing budgets and adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills Strong commitment and ability to develop a team and nurture talent to deliver excellent results Strong
- Ability to work collaboratively with different groups, including senior management, donors, non-profit partners, technical partners and various teams within and outside the organization - a relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a willingness and ability to build systems and processes, work independently, bring structure, as well as think and act creatively in a resource-constrained environment.
- Flexibility and open-mindedness to work in a fast-moving and dynamic work environment