Managing Partner at Kairos Consulting India
Views:861 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Manager - IRDA Compliance - Housing Finance Firm (2-5 yrs)
The role of Compliance team is to ensure that a company is conducting its business in full compliance with all applicable regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and it plays an essential role in helping to preserve the integrity and reputation of the organization.
The Group ensure that the organization is in compliance with exact regulatory guidelines issued by the regulatory authorities.
Purpose of the Job
A Compliance Manager (CM) is an employee whose responsibilities include ensuring the company complies with its outside regulatory requirements and prudent practices.
Location : Mumbai
- Dissemination of new guidelines and relevant actionable to relevant stakeholder, as and when issued and follow up under guidance of CO
- Review of various documents including policies, process notes, forms, customer communications, credit proposals etc. to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable regulatory norms and closure in discussion with CO
- Compliance monitoring through various tools
- Preparation of MIS, reports for senior management reporting
- Drafting and review at regular frequency of policies, process documents etc. of CG and finalising same in discussion with CO
- Assisting in handling inspections and related matters under guidance of CO, coordination with other groups for various inspection requirements
- Dealing with regulatory authorities, if necessary
- Handling regulatory communications, data requirements in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Undertake activities for compliance awareness within organisation/ among employees
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Evaluating the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Collaborate with various departments within organisation to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business's future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
Key skills and knowledge requirements in the candidate:
- Experience in financial industry, regulations
- Knowledge of the industry's standards and regulations and corporate governance best practices
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Having good analytical skills
- Familiarity with usage of various applications
- Problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Mandatory - Knowledge of IRDA guidelines mandatory.