AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:531 Applications:183 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Instock Management - Online/Retail (8-12 yrs)
Manager - Instock Management - Online/Retail
Exp : 8 - 12 Years
About Client :
- Our client is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace it offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world.
Our client is looking for a smart, motivated, driven Manager, In-stock Manager for fast-growing e-commerce business. In this role you play a significant role in driving effective inventory management, vendor relationships, operational and supply-chain excellence. The Manager accomplishes this by being champion of automation, taking data driven decisions, leading continuous process improvements, driving system and process automation with key internal teams, and maintaining a deep knowledge of the product line and its customers. You will be a thought leader by influencing others to take action through scalable systems and processes, rather than just addressing issues. You own identifying and driving these improvements across the business segment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete Understanding of end-to-end supply chain and complex modeling of workflows for Category
- Provide specific cost reduction and waste removal opportunities within and across categories and external support teams
- Identify and articulate strategic importance of metrics as a basis for managing tradeoffs, improving the customer experience and making decisions with internal and external stakeholders
- To create long-term category solutions that automate or simplify category processes
- Identify opportunities to enhance relationships with key or strategic vendors
- Will be in involved in Negotiation of operational changes with vendors in partnership with Vendor Manager to drive supply chain improvements
- Work closely with vendor leadership and/or operations senior leaders on strategies to reduce cost, lead time, and waste across the end-to-end supply chain
- Deliver maximum product availability in the category ensuing healthy inventory level and optimal supply chain set-up
- Drive system/process improvements working with technical teams, vendor operations, and inventory management.
- Prepare and analyze financial metrics to improve efficiency of our inventory position
- Be solution-oriented & integrate strong and clear data analysis and business rationale into sound decision making and problem solving
- Manager, In stock Managers are responsible for attracting talent and making the right hiring decision, setting goals and resource planning for the team
- Create mechanisms to help onboard new talent to organization by continuously building network of talent inside and outside of company.
- Effectively coach and give feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- Set and balance goals across team to optimize performance against department goals and employee development
Education - Graduation or MBA(Preferred)
- 5+years of experience and proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
- 2+ years of team handling experience
- Professional experience in operations, inventory planning, demand forecasting, and/or product life cycles
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a high level of flexibility and commitment
- Proven influencing abilities.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization
- Good to have
- Experience with improvement techniques such as SAP etc.