Manager - Indirect Taxation - Customs - CA (2-4 yrs)
Manager IDT - Customs - CA
- Currently there is an opening with a leading Manufacturing company based in Kolkata for Manager IDT- Customs.
- The position is responsible to assist the Customs team with respect to various import and export transactions
- Conduct periodical review of import and exports transaction (Bill of Entry & Shipping bill review) to ensure customs compliance
- Resolve doubts related to classification, effective rate of duty including Free trade agreements
- Provide guidelines for customs valuation and bill of entry preparation & filing of document for customs clearances
- Finalization of Bills of Entries which are provisionally assessed and provide guidelines thereto
- Conduct periodical review of provisional assessment finalization related to Special Valuation Order (SVB) under Customs and non-SVB cases, if any,
- Monitor SVB order and if any changes required approach to Customs
- Monitor and close pending bonds, Bank guarantee
- Monitor and ensure customs refunds such as Extra Duty refund, Special Additional duty refunds, Pre-deposits refunds
- Handle customs queries raised by external and internal stakeholders
- Draft preliminary responses to the queries raised by statutory authorities/ internal/external authorities
- Ensure CARO and Contingent liability disclosure
- Dealing with all levels across the organisation on a regular as well as need basis for gathering their requirements and resolving the sam
Skills: More than one year of experience with respect to Customs transactions and functions and also functional knowledge of ERP
1. Teamwork and collaboration
2. Result orientation
Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant
- The position is responsible for providing necessary support to the internal customers of respective business at TSL in driving the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) processes and Order to Cash(O2C) process of the Indirect Tax function smoothly. The position plays the role of internal reviewer by conducting review of P2P transactions and O2C transactions done by various teams including shared service centre which includes checking ITC eligibility, vetting Tax positioning, correctness of taxes in the orders/contracts etc. The position needs to be updated on indirect tax laws & regulations and take action on necessary amendments, changes to be made in the ERP system and in the current processes being followed by the business.
- The position will maintain a standard checklist and assist Lead P2P in reviewing contracts with vendors of respective business. The position needs to play a critical role in defining business logic for P2P transactions and O2C including Job work transactions and ensure accuracy in implementation of the same. The incumbent will act as a business partner for respective business by regularly interacting with internal customers and assisting them in their day-to-day issues and challenges related to P2P, O2C and Job work transactions.
- The position needs to maintain and regularly update FAQ manual on queries raised by internal and external stakeholders on various transactions of respective business. The position is expected to be diligently attending customer queries over query management system, call/ mail or any other means and respond to them at the earliest. In case, the position is not able to answer certain query, he / she is expected to approach Lead for the same. The position is also required to co-ordinate with internal customers of respective business to seek data and accordingly update the master database of GST accounts for inward and outward supply. The incumbent is expected to make the data readily available; whenever asked by higher authorities of TSL.
- In addition, it will assist Lead in drafting preliminary responses to the queries raised by statutory authorities/ internal audit team in matters related to P2P and O2C Process.
- Preferably 2 years of work experience in Finance & Accounts/ preferably Indirect Taxation function
- Overall knowledge of Company accounting and other legal requirements pertaining to finance function
1. GST & Pre-GST Know-How
2. Tax Planning
3. Compliance Management
4. Litigations Management
5. Data Analysis & reporting
6. IT application
7. Behavioural Competencies
- Functional Excellence
- Decision Making
- Customer Orientation
- CA /ICWA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.