Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:1161 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:194
Manager - Indirect Procurement - FMCG (8-13 yrs)
- This role provides strategic direction for the Indirect Spend categories within the procurement space.
- This position leads the development of sourcing strategies and category plans to support the business, which includes supply market and industry analysis, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing, contracting, and implementation. Also responsible for ongoing supplier governance/ supplier relationship management (SRM), Risk Management. And is responsible for productivity improvement, cash flow and growth initiatives to meet the overall objectives of the company, the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and Procurement with a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) focus. This scope includes problem solving and issue resolution, process enhancement recommendations, and adherence to all internal McCain, Business Unit and Procurement policies, procedures and systems.
- Instructions for Responsibilities and Accountabilities: List the major responsibilities and accountabilities of the position in order of importance with most important being first etc. Each item should describe what the person in this position have to accomplish at McCain. (i.e. what the job produces) as well as the key activities that lead to the outcomes:
Major Responsibilities and time spent :
1.Strategic Sourcing and Category Planning. Owns the sourcing and contracting strategy for all categories of Indirect procurement spend including market and industry analysis, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing activities, analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation, while also focused on delivering the McCain Supplier Diversity objectives and the overall Total Cost of Ownership.
- Supports and executes the Procurement and general business strategies of the Business Units (BUs) to enable optimal solutions for the respective category areas. Participates in the supply base design and optimization process to ensure successful contract execution. Leverages supplier capabilities and maximizes opportunities to meet quality, cost and service requirements.
- Facilitates the development of ongoing category planning for key categories to include market analysis, competitive analysis, internal company review of risks and opportunities, and ongoing supply base design with a focus on supplier consolidation, capacity and contingency planning. Provides deep category insight and expertise through understanding of costs, cost drivers, market, industry and supplier variables.
2.Business and Stakeholder Alignment. Establishes ongoing communication and process to ensure high levels of stakeholder engagement, participation and satisfaction. Participates in stakeholder leadership teams for respective functional areas to build and maintain ongoing linkages with sourcing strategy, category management, supply base design and ongoing supplier relationship management.
3. Buying/Purchasing Management and Oversight. Leads, controls and drives improvement in the transactional buying processes for respective category areas in order to capitalize on opportunities, drive productivity, and deliver quality and service requirements for all business stakeholders.
4. Supplier Integration/Supplier Relationship Management. Manages supplier relationships to encourage supplier innovation and maximize value contributions to McCain through effective sourcing and contracting processes. Responsible for leading discussions with critical suppliers around long-term objectives and strategies, ongoing market trends, innovation and technology advances, and potential investment decisions. Ensures that suppliers fully understand the overall McCain value stream and the end customer, and that McCain commitments to suppliers are being fulfilled.
- Facilitates ongoing solicitation of feedback around supplier performance to include communications, accuracy of specifications, project leadership, quality and delivery, and access to new opportunities. Assists in development of high level work stream planning through E2E assessments with the integrated supply base focusing on Total Cost of Ownership. Meets with preferred suppliers on a regular basis to ensure contractual obligations are being met or exceeded through management of established KPI's. Ensures that stakeholder resource commitments remain a part of the process and evaluates strategic suppliers on a regular basis. Ensures that all Food Safety and Quality policies are adhered to.
5. Benchmarking. Constantly seeking out and reviewing industry and category specific best practices, processes and systems to leverage opportunities within the McCain Global network. Research and remain current on industry trends that may impact existing and/or future category strategies. Shares best practices within the team and functional stakeholders.
6. Financial Planning and Reporting. Works closely with finance and stakeholders to establish and manage budgets for respective category areas. Incorporates contractual commitments. Has ownership and accountability for goals and objectives tied to productivity, innovation, and cash flow.
Instructions for Requirements: Record the ideal qualifications for someone to take on this job (note: current incumbents may have different backgrounds). If you were looking to hire someone for this job, what background and qualifications would be required and/or desired ? This should briefly describe what a person needs to be successful in this position.
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL EXPERTISE - Years (Minimum)
1. Indirect Procurement - Experience 8 Yrs
2. Experience in Logistics Sourcing is desired - 3 Yrs
3. Sourcing, Negotiations and Contracting Expertise - 5 Yrs
COMPETENCIES/ABILITIES : List the key competencies and abilities required to perform the job competently.
- Strategic Thinking
- Total Cost of Ownership Focus
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Decision Making
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Communication/Presentation Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Negotiations Skills
- Influencing Skills
- Ethics and Integrity
- Problem Solving
1 LOGISTICS 0 QUALITY :
Instructions for Working Relationships and Key Contacts : Record the typical contacts both internal and external that someone in this position would have during a normal working day/week. Please do not record names - identify contacts by broad category (e.g. - clients ) if external to the organization, or by title ( Manager, Finance ) for contacts within the organization. Describe the purpose of the communication in a few words (i.e. provide information, confirm transaction).
Working Relationships and Key Contacts:
Depending on the spend category, may interact with the following :
Internal: 1 Freight & Storage Supply Chain
2 3P Manpower HR/Sales/Production/etc
3 Media & POSM Marketing
4 Retail Freezers Sales
5 Facility Management Admin/Plant
- Trade & Industry associations
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.