Supervisory Consultant at Cornerstone International Group
Views:1326 Applications:409 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Manager - Human Resources - IT Services Firm (10-15 yrs)
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our client's team. In this role, you will build relationships with business leaders and develop in depth knowledge of the business, to serve as an HR resource who can help align organizational goals across the company.
You will support and work closely with leaders and employees on people-related matters including talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, performance management, and organizational development. In addition to owning the relationships with the business leaders, the HR Business Partner may own/support programs that span across the broader HR team.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage your understanding of the business
- Serve as a trusted advisor and primary HR liaison for assigned business units
- Cultivate strong meaningful relationships with leaders and employees to build trust as their primary touchpoint
- Work closely with managers of bargaining employees to address grievances, interpret contract language, and drive consistency in decision making.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase retention
- Be solutions focused, proactive and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Have a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Participate in the implementation of Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes and communicate so employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations
- Lead and provide support for special projects as the need arises
- Collaborate with HR colleagues to ensure alignment and a unified HR delivery approach
- Meet with individuals to understand and address employee complaints/concerns related to workplace dynamics and/or performance
- Provide recommendations for appropriate follow up action and engage in productive outcomes
- Conduct proactive check-ins with departments & managers
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when required
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership (coaching, counseling, performance reviews, career development, conflict resolution and disciplinary actions)
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning and change management
- Work in partnership with the leadership team to build an employee engagement strategy that will impact areas of attention identified in engagement surveys.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience advising managers on a range of people matters (e.g., employee relations, performance management, talent management, change management).
- Ability to work on sensitive matters with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and establish rapport with all levels of a company.
- Ability to think strategically, executes tactically, and collaborates across various groups, levels, and situations.
- The confidence and courage to develop drive and deliver innovative solutions that challenge the status quo.
- Experience and resiliency in influencing, leading, and supporting organizational change.
- The ability to connect the dots in complex and often ambiguous situations, deriving insights that are critical to advancing organizational goals.