Manager - Human Resources - IT/ITES - XLRI/XISS/FMS/MDI (7-10 yrs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Provides the leadership and direction necessary to implement human resources policies.
- Coordinates the development and consistent application of policies concerning employee selection and placement, transfers, promotions, terminations and leave of absence.
- Plans and organizes the functions of the Human Resources Department to ensure quality HR services are provided.
- Participates in the long-range planning of XXXX staffing plans and human resource development.
- Assists management with recruiting and screening potential new employees and provides support throughout the interview and hiring process.
- Promotes, plans and coordinates programs for the training and development of employees.
- Develops wage and salary guidelines, job descriptions, and minimum employment requirements and competencies.
- Identifies and provides creative solutions to employee engagement challenges, compensation/title analysis, organizational structure, and talent attraction and retention initiatives.
- Owns benefits management and administration through XXXX's CPEO.
- Owns HRIS administration and legal compliance.
- Oversees payroll administration in collaboration with CFO.
- Coach Managers on effective employee relations resolution and performance management techniques to mitigate company risk while supporting business objectives.
- Effectively implements annual HR processes - i.e., annual salary review, target-setting and appraisal.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and makes recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Respond to requests for employee data; prepare Management reports as required.
- Handles special projects as required or assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
Recruitment & Staffing - Utilizes recruitment sources; exhibits sound interviewing skills; presents positive, realistic view of the organization; analyzes and forecasts staffing needs; makes quality hiring decisions.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BA degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience, Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Two to four years Human Resources managerial experience.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with a broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating collaborative partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- Passionate about the mission of XXXX, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.