Manager - Human Resources - IT/ITES - XLRI/XISS/FMS/MDI (7-10 yrs)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Provides the leadership and direction necessary to implement human resources policies.
- Coordinates the development and consistent application of policies concerning employee selection and placement, transfers, promotions, terminations and leave of absence.
- Plans and organizes the functions of the Human Resources Department to ensure quality HR services are provided.
- Participates in the long-range planning of XXXX staffing plans and human resource development.
- Assists management with recruiting and screening potential new employees and provides support throughout the interview and hiring process.
- Promotes, plans and coordinates programs for the training and development of employees.
- Develops wage and salary guidelines, job descriptions, and minimum employment requirements and competencies.
- Identifies and provides creative solutions to employee engagement challenges, compensation/title analysis, organizational structure, and talent attraction and retention initiatives.
- Owns benefits management and administration through XXXX's CPEO.
- Owns HRIS administration and legal compliance.
- Oversees payroll administration in collaboration with CFO.
- Coach Managers on effective employee relations resolution and performance management techniques to mitigate company risk while supporting business objectives.
- Effectively implements annual HR processes - i.e., annual salary review, target-setting and appraisal.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and makes recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Respond to requests for employee data; prepare Management reports as required.
- Handles special projects as required or assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
Recruitment & Staffing - Utilizes recruitment sources; exhibits sound interviewing skills; presents positive, realistic view of the organization; analyzes and forecasts staffing needs; makes quality hiring decisions.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BA degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience, Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Two to four years Human Resources managerial experience.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of HR with a broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating collaborative partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- Passionate about the mission of XXXX, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.