Owner at Bridge Partners HR
Views:1649 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Health & Safety - North (8-18 yrs)
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager (North)
Reporting To: Head - Corporate Security Team
- Understanding of legislations, regulations, standards, and industry best practices related to Health & safety program for a Bank and experience in implementation of successful Health & Safety program.
- Ability to analyse complex situations, make relevant deductions to advise and inform practical solutions and decisions that are cost effective & meet business objectives
- Ability to deliver timely decisions and adjust priorities in rapidly changing circumstances
- Effective communication skills, oral and in written to direct peers and to senior leaders / executives.
- Strong leadership & management skills especially in the areas of organisation, driving results, project management, innovation, motivation, cost effectiveness and diplomacy.
- Must be a strong collaborator, with the ability to drive and achieve results without having direct line responsibility for resources
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive and frequent travel & respond to crisis and incidents on a 24/7 basis.
Health & Safety Governance Control:
- Plan implement and coordinate strategic and practical health and safety program across jurisdictions in which the Bank operates in accordance with the business objectives, regulatory requirements and industry best practices / standards.
- Be accountable for overall arrangements for ensuring health safety and welfare of all employees and other stakeholders as deemed necessary
- Where appropriate manage risk in accordance with the IDFC Bank's health and safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure key health and safety needs, challenges, and risks are communicated and escalated to relevant stakeholders within appropriate time.
- Work with senior executives and business leaders to develop the risk appetite for Health & Safety and ensure that risks are appropriately managed and reported across all internal stakeholders.
- Be audit ready at all times, extend all necessary help during audits and resolve the gaps identified in internal or external audits.
- Ensure the health and safety aspects of major business change / projects are properly managed and senior leaders / executives are provided with appropriate advice.
- Ensure adhere to compliance norms by senior partners.
Health & Safety Subject Matter Expertise Delivery:
- Design and implement policy and procedures yearly health and safety plan, key performance indicators, and reports with respect to the health and safety manager
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and safety legislation / industry standard and ensure that IDFC bank's Health and safety program is in compliance with the requirements
- Design and maintain periodic assessments to maintain the status of Health and Safety across all the business zones, identify areas of improvement and implement such improvements measures.
- Ensure that Health and Safety trends across the business zones are tracked key performance indicators are reported appropriately and measures are implemented to address the concern areas and to continually improve the key performance indicators.
- Release periodic and incident specific Health & safety advisories.
- Develop a motivated team responsible for planning and implementation of the health and safety PROGRAM TO MITIGATE any risk associated
- Develop an effective training and awareness program for health and safety to ensure continued awareness across all the business zones.
- Participate in appropriate business unit development planning meetings and activities. Facilitate timely identification escalation resolution and follow up on all outstanding issues.
- Carry out investigation into all accidents and near miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms
- Ensure that services providers / partners deliver effective solutions and services in accordance with Service level agreements
- Take charge of administrative activities budgeting strategic planning documentation and other activities as assigned in a timely fashion.
- Interact with the critical business units / functions and support groups for the purpose of planning, directing controlling and maintaining the Health & Safety program
- Act as the point of contact for all internal & external stakeholders on the Health & Safety matter and effectively maintain relationships with the senior leader across the business functions.
- Build & maintain effective professional relationships / networks with external stakeholders to provide risk/ threat intelligence and support in times of an incident or crisis.
- Provide clear communication to all business leader and executives by engaging effectively across the country.
Competencies in order of priority
Health & Safety
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.